Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 1,100 | Thanked: 2,797 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Netherlands
That is indeed your bios path? And you don't have aes-bios.bin in that folder? Is something moved?

What does:
ls -l /home/user/MyDocs/roms/Bios/
show?

This file was always needed, only the fullscreen issue is changed since the last version.

And remember everything on your device is case sensitive.

Bios path is default placed on /home/user/MyDocs/emu-roms/neogeo/bios, so the update can not have overwritten this setting.

edit: aes-bios.bin should not be needed if universal bios is choosen. What bios do you have selected in gngeo-gui config?

Last edited by ade; 2012-11-28 at 23:30.

Posts: 173 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Rio de Janeiro
Thanks Ade, I'll check now wich bios, sometimes I use the other options (arcade and home), have just tested, but afraid the bug is still there, I changed the volumen and it crashed, and as I've said before; the fullscreen is not really fullscreen, it just centralizes the output screen, doesn't strech to all screen, and the fps was about 35 to 56, but fba doesn't show fps but seem to be 40 to 60 and most of the time 60, this without overclocking, when overclocked is perfect, pearphs because I tried at default 600mhz and multitasking 3 web windows, photos app, conky and File Manager. Will try later, but thanks, how do you know all of that??? About it not needing the aes-bios.

The fullscreen is fullscreen in the sense its window is fullscreen. And no, it does not always mean it is also stretched to the dimensions of another device.
When gngeo is in windowed mode, its resolution is still the same, meaning the lower part of the screen is not visible. This means you can't see the save/load dialogs.

Usuallly fullscreen has better performance, but I think in the case of gngeo there is hardly any difference.

I removed aes-bios.bin to check and I could still start gngeo, that's why I know.

It still could be I attached a wrong version in the deb file. Will check that later.

edit: Nah, version is correct, as I expected. What version of gngeo does the application manager tell you have installed, the 0.7.0-3 version, or an older version?

Last edited by ade; 2012-11-29 at 20:34.

The Following User Says Thank You to ade For This Useful Post:
I installed with X Teminal as you told me, but will check now if I have 7.03, I'm almost sure, because this version requires the aes-bios.bin file and the other one didn't. But it is a shame the bug is still there (fullscreen), even before fscreen worked, just when some screen transition it crashed, to strech I think we need to edit gngeorc?! and rescale to 3 or 4, default is 2 I think, can't remember now. Yes, I was right it's 7.0-3. Does your N900 runs fine without crash when changing volumen in fullscreen??

The aes-bios.bin has no relation between the two versions, but nevermind that.
Scale is 2 by default indeed. Changing it to a larger value is not possible. But that is something else then changing the aspect for stretching. Scale 2 is just the double size of the original size.

I never had crashes in fullscreen since the fix.

You can check two more things, and if that does not give a clue, I am done with it.

In x-terminal:
Code:
md5sum /opt/gngeo/bin/gngeo
should result in:
Code:
fda611f175f542a62aedb4187c2a16ad  /opt/gngeo/bin/gngeo
Start gngeo to make sure we use the right one:
Code:
/opt/gngeo/bin/gngeo -f /home/user/MyDocs/roms/doubledr.zip
This should result in a fullscreen start of the game, with stable behaviour when using the volume buttons.

Thanks Ade, will give it a try, I'm still without joysticks, when I fix my usb port will make a new video with gngeo running in fullscreen, how do you know all of that AGAIN??? The X-Terminal comands... Thanks buddy.

I'm still unable to run gngeo using your gui Ade (segmentation fault). Any more ideas I can try? Would love to get this working via the gui.

Originally Posted by MarkyboyUK View Post
I'm still unable to run gngeo using your gui Ade (segmentation fault). Any more ideas I can try? Would love to get this working via the gui.
In that case, let give it a try.
Good to know gngeo itself works, that rules out a big part.

Then it comes down to python or configs in my mind. If it is a config issue, I would expect gngeo-gui to complain about it.

Good you give me output of the following commands:
Code:
ls -ld /home/user/.gngeo-gui/

ls -l /home/user/.gngeo-gui/

cat /home/user/.gngeo-gui/gngeo-gui.cfg

dpkg --get-selections|grep -Ew "python2.5-qt4-gui|python2.5-qt4-core|python2.5-qt4-maemo5|python-pyside.qtgui|python-pyside.qtcore|python-pyside.qtmaemo5"
And about the last 20 lines from the output of:
Code:
strace python /opt/gngeo-gui/gngeo-gui.py
when it has crashed with a segmentation fault.

You can attach the output in a textfile if you think the output is somewhat too big.

Last edited by ade; 2012-11-30 at 20:07.

I tried to start gngeo-gui with the commands and the fullscreen worked the first time, but when I started on the gui directly it crashed when there was an osd transition (volumen), the performance is similar to fba, just fba is more fluid (framerate constant higher 45/60), but when overclocked to 1Ghz it is good. Still have to try the aes file, I got a neogeo.zip file, when I searched for aes-bios.bin, I think the file should be inside the zip, but can't see now as I don't have zip app, I remember I had it before (zip and rar apps) in the other N900, but now can't find it on App Man... BTW, I discovered something, probably you already know; I was trying to install psx4m on App Man, but was'problems' a file similar to libs 700201005m... was needed and I couldn't install, so I tried on X-Terminal via root apt-get install 'nameofapp' and it asked to install the dependency package without authentications I said 'y' then Enter and it installed ok. Sorry for off topic from this thread.

I always get a bit lost when I read your answers

Does it work fine when you start gngeo without gngeo-gui? If so check if you have the correct gngeo path in gngeo-gui in the config menu -> path def. If you are referring to the wrong version of gngeo, that could be the cause.

If it's correct, I don't know anymore.