Active Topics

just a fast question...
what pixel setting to use to proportion pic's to be used as wallpaper?
mine always turn out to big (cutoff) or to small.
thanks

The desktop is 800x480 but you have to take into account the menu bar at the top which is about 45 pixel down and the program bar on the left which is about 80 pixel from the left. I say resize your picture to 800 by 480, cut it, then drag it 45 pixel down and 80 pixel to the right then paste it and save it. Then it will come out right. My desktop is mostly covered up anyway I can barely see anything behind it.

Posts: 1,361 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Toronto, Ontario, Canada
There are a bunch of screenshots available that are in 800x480. You should do the measurement of actual desktop space off of some of those.

Posts: 155 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ central georgia, usa
From the Maemo SDK tutorial:

"The task navigation bar (at the left) is 80 pixels wide"

"The status/title bar is 720 x 60 pixels "

so the "full screen" part of the desktop is 720 x 420 pixels

(800 - 80) x (480 - 60)

This will leave a "black area" to the right of the "status/title" bar at the top... until you fill it with a clock, cpu meter, etc.

P

Last edited by putkowski; 2006-01-12 at 19:33.

Thanks for the pixel measurements. I made some 720x480 images based on the excellent work at www.DigitalBlasphemy.com (members have access to widescreen images designed for dual monitor use). With some simple photoshop cropping, the images were the right size, and kept very nice quality. I tried to attach an example... I made about half a dozen based on the rendered artwork, they look great with the built in themes!
Attached Images

Posts: 144 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Dec 2005 @ Niles IL...Chicago born and raised.
What's that media player looking thingy in on your home screen?

'ello,

Filling in since I recognize the device. It's a SqueezeBox, a media player found at the adress www.slimdevices.com. You can stream music files from your computer to the device - and the 770 can do the same! Search for "Slimserver" on the forum and you'll learn everything you need to know.

Cheers,

Zup

A few weeks ago, when i was waiting for my 770, i got really bored and started converting a few pictures. Unfortunately i didn't thought about the top and side bars, so some of them will be cut off.

I had not enough webspace to upload all of them, but a few can be get from here.

ps: most of the original images were taken from deviantart

Zup is exactly right, it's an icon I made myself of the SlimDevices Squeezebox 3. Thanks to Ben Klass, who adapted/created a skin for the SlimServer software, the 770 functions as an AMAZING remote control for the Squeezebox. It lets you browse your whole music collection and control Squeezeboxes all over your house from the touchscreen. Pretty cool use... you can check out all the details on the SlimDevices community forums if you search for Nokia...

Posts: 3,096 | Thanked: 1,525 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Michigan, USA
Penguins in the sun, cropped it off google images 800x480

http://penguinbait.com/pits.jpg

Screenshot

http://penguinbait.com/screenshot00.png

I like it