Hi,

basing on my experience as a developer of Google Maps API applications, GU, GNA and others, I am developing the most sophisticated POI Global Management System and Tools for users, administrators, platform independent, but intended for use with maemo mapper navigation solution for Nokia 770/ Nokia 800.

As a number of POI grows, new features coming into light, there is a need to develop intelligent interfaces, management and administration tools to update databases of millions of POI world-wide, to develop intelligent proximity search algorithms, to develop embedded algorithms for special purposes, for VIPs, for utility, business, private, sightseeing purposes.

There is a number of POI management systems in operations, there is a number of websites providing public access to POI databases, there is a number of business and private developers of POI databases, content updaters.

But what is missing is theory on where to go with further development of POI tools in navigation systems.

With millions of POIs accessible by present day car sat navigation systems, proximity search tools, proximity warning features,
we are building global standard for POI managment, building file formats, GPX, XML, KML, RSS, GeoRSS, data pipelines and more to handle real-time traffic.

So please let me know what enhancements to present POI databases are you looking for, what should I do to make your life easier.

In the meantime I have contacted a lot of deveopers of applications for Nokia 770/800 and there is a chance to have some coders to put POI algorithms, databases into beta applications soon.

But if you interested to join my project , please let me know.
Unfortunately traffic at many Google Groups is almost dead low so please let me know your opinion.
I have already set up some Google Groups to make on-line contacts between developers, all those interested as easy as possible.

greetings,

Darius

Posts: 108 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ France
Looks very interesting, but I'm not sure I understood what you are looking for.
User whishes? N800/770 user feedback? Developers / experts feedback? All of that?
I'm a very basic user for such application so forgive me if my suggestion is dumb, but being able to attach a URL to a POI looks like an interesting feature, this way you now where the restaurant is, but also opening hours and today's menu.

All i'd like is some app that allows me to edit the poi db on my n800 and an easy way to add poi's to the db using that program. So as long as that feature is in there i'd love it