Posts: 187 | Thanked: 121 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Subang Jaya, Selangor Darul Ehsan, Malaysia
Originally Posted by visN900 View Post
i used to be online 24x7(voip accounts like facebook and gtalk are always active) browse the net for about 6-7hrs a day.. Will play videos in max brightness for about 2hrs and listen to songs for about 3-4 hrs.. Thats how i had used my n900..
In that price point there r no worthy android sets available..
R there any hardware problems in particular with n9 like usb hub failure in n900??
usb port of N9 seems to be durable enough for me

however, N9 is not known for its capability as a video player (quite the opposite iirc). I really doubt an N9 can survive a day without charging seeing how you use your device.

The Following User Says Thank You to Jeffrey04 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 463 | Thanked: 103 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Mumbai, India
Originally Posted by visN900 View Post
i used to be online 24x7(voip accounts like facebook and gtalk are always active) browse the net for about 6-7hrs a day.. Will play videos in max brightness for about 2hrs and listen to songs for about 3-4 hrs.. Thats how i had used my n900..
In that price point there r no worthy android sets available..
R there any hardware problems in particular with n9 like usb hub failure in n900??
With your usage I can tell you for sure that the N9 will not last the entire day on a single charge.You would need to carry your charger with you to charge it up mid-way through the day.

Im using an N9 64GB too which I got from USA and with 3G on all the time I have to charge my phone in between for it to last enough to reach back home.

Also as mentioned above the Video Player of the N9 is rather picky at what it plays.. So picky that at times it wont even play what is recorded by the phone itself.

In the price range you mentioned the Lumia 620 is a good bet with a rather good battery but if you can manage to push your budget a bit more you can get the Nokia 808 Pureview which is going for a steal in India now or the Lumia 720 which has a crazy long battery life.

EBay for Nokia 720 : http://www.ebay.in/itm/ws/eBayISAPI....m=261212648853

Ebay for Nokia 808 PV : http://www.ebay.in/itm/Nokia-808pure...item19dc77133f

Now im not criticizing the N9. I love my N9 for what it is but it just does what it feels like at times and thats what drives me crazy. Just wished for a slightly better battery life but that AMOLED and the white backgrounds on the internet dont really go along to help the battery.

So make your choice wisely....

Last edited by chemist; 2014-01-30 at 09:39. Reason: removed links

The Following User Says Thank You to funkmunk For This Useful Post:
Posts: 59 | Thanked: 59 times | Joined on Nov 2012 @ Philippines
The N9 has its own strengths and weaknesses. I, for one, don't use it so much except for messages, some WiFi and 3G, and mostly music, so it can actually last me 1 to 1 and a half days at most.

Though my OCD kicks in whenever I bump it (I like my N9 naked). So far, there's been a few scratches. But I just remind myself that that's normal.

The Following User Says Thank You to n0x For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by funkmunk View Post
With your usage I can tell you for sure that the N9 will not last the entire day on a single charge.You would need to carry your charger with you to charge it up mid-way through the day.

Im using an N9 64GB too which I got from USA and with 3G on all the time I have to charge my phone in between for it to last enough to reach back home.

Also as mentioned above the Video Player of the N9 is rather picky at what it plays.. So picky that at times it wont even play what is recorded by the phone itself.

In the price range you mentioned the Lumia 620 is a good bet with a rather good battery but if you can manage to push your budget a bit more you can get the Nokia 808 Pureview which is going for a steal in India now or the Lumia 720 which has a crazy long battery life.

EBay for Nokia 720 : http://www.ebay.in/itm/ws/eBayISAPI....m=261212648853

Ebay for Nokia 808 PV : http://www.ebay.in/itm/Nokia-808pure...item19dc77133f

Now im not criticizing the N9. I love my N9 for what it is but it just does what it feels like at times and thats what drives me crazy. Just wished for a slightly better battery life but that AMOLED and the white backgrounds on the internet dont really go along to help the battery.

So make your choice wisely....
N9 battery life is about a zillion times better than the n900 was and is just as good as some Lumias on most days it would last me but I admit it may need a top up after some heavy use

Last edited by chemist; 2014-01-30 at 09:40. Reason: removed links

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dirtymoon For This Useful Post:
Posts: 545 | Thanked: 560 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ lebanon
N9 battery is better than the N900 one but still both suck . Harmattan isn't that power friendly like symbian and it's not underpowered and optimized to last . But it can survive a day with some tweakings .

The Following User Says Thank You to myname24 For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 2,622 | Thanked: 5,447 times | Joined on Jan 2010
It easily survives a day for me with heavy browsing, gtalk, skype, 3G and WiFi. Without internet connection it almost lasts a week.

Nemo UX blog: Grog
My website: qwazix.com
My job: oob

The Following User Says Thank You to qwazix For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by qwazix View Post
It easily survives a day for me with heavy browsing, gtalk, skype, 3G and WiFi. Without internet connection it almost lasts a week.
Yes, I think so. Battery life improved much with some tech like:stop smartsearch, limit install app that consumes much battery, limit interval refresh time of some app( mail, feeds,etc...)

The Following User Says Thank You to tonyhuynh For This Useful Post:
Posts: 266 | Thanked: 156 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ India
thanks everyone!! will be buying it very soon

are the seller refurbished n9 on ebay a good deal/ safe to buy? theyre about 100usd, would they have new batterys? thanks