I imagine there will be a few more missteps before Android Wear or Tizen get really polished, but then we'll start seeing them more and more on designs from China, who seem less afraid to experiment with things like supersize battery editions.

Of course it's always a lottery whether you can upgrade the software on their phones without a lot of pain - I wouldn't be surprised if they're 'open source in name only', especially at first. Still, if the bootloader's open, maybe someone can hack something onto them.

Definitely not where we want to be.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MikeHG For This Useful Post:
Active Pebble watches will work normally for now. Functionality or service quality may be reduced down the road. We don’t expect to release regular software updates or new Pebble features. Our new mission will focus on bringing Pebble’s unique wearables expertise to future Fitbit products. We’re also working to reduce Pebble's reliance on cloud services, letting all Pebble models stay active long into the future.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects.../posts/1752929

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MikeHG For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
Yep, it is over.
https://blog.getpebble.com/2016/12/07/fitbit/

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bundyo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 87 | Thanked: 124 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Finland
When there will be a Sailfish Watch?
As far as I can remember watch SFOS were demoed somewere.

Jolla Phone 16GB (2nd in use).
Jolla Tablet 64GB (repaired).

3D modelling & printing.
CAD/CAM amateur.
Prusa i3 3D printer (Max Micron)
"Smith: Mr. Anderson, welcome back.
We missed you ."

The Following User Says Thank You to tangent For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
To liven up this sleeping thread, there are some news around Rebble and a limited custom firmware.

Also an interesting bit around the end about a custom store now possible with the Android and iOS apps, which Rebble might want to use (and so should we at some point).

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bundyo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 697 | Thanked: 1,980 times | Joined on Jun 2015 @ Lisbon - Portugal
Originally Posted by asa View Post
PTR works straight out of the box with RockPool!

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...323_110927.jpg
Hi there. Everything realy works on your Pebble Round? Does Pebble 2 works fine aswell? Thought only classic was 100% compatible

Last edited by deutch1976; 2017-07-21 at 09:50.

The Following User Says Thank You to deutch1976 For This Useful Post:
Here is someone working on getting the Pebble to talk to Nuance / Dragon's servers.

https://github.com/lupettohf/passaparola

Nonfree obviously, but interesting.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MikeHG For This Useful Post:
Amazfit Bip.

No, I haven't just tripped over and landed nose first on my keyboard, but thanks for asking. It's a new kinda pebble-alike from Xiaomi and it really is called Amazfit Bip.

45 day battery life (ish), always-on screen, notifications, heart rate and sleep monitoring, GPS, water resistant, but doesn't look like watch apps or custom faces are a possibility. Looks like you can get them for £60 ish, but I'm guessing that's ex. VAT.

Seems people have it working with 'gadgetbridge', which is an aftermarket application that some Android users have been using for Pebbles, so presumably either Rockpool or a similar project could pick it up if they were so inclined.

Anyone know much about these? I haven't looked into it in detail, but it might be a contender when my Pebble finally decides it's had enough...

edit: smart alarm is a significant omission for me. People have worked their way around that on the phone side with Mi bands, and I suppose that could work in principle.

Last edited by MikeHG; 2017-11-21 at 20:33.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MikeHG For This Useful Post:
Hello,

I bought a Sony Xperia X and burned Official Sailfish OS on it. Phone is working well.
Now I installed RockPool and tried to pair my phone with my Pebble (Classic) which was working well with my Jolla phone.
I tried to couple the phone with my pebble, which was successfull (without asking or checking a id, simply must confirm at the pebble). But immediatly after I confirmed at the clock the icon disappears from the Sony's screen completly.
So I made a factory Reset on my Pebble so it is waiting to load apps now.
Now i can search again the pebble on bt configuration on Sony but if I try to connect the screen says nearby
"Problem at pairing, ... id is not the same"...
I've never must add a id anywhere before on my Sony nor was shown on my Pebble.

Does anybody has a successulled paired and working pebble with there Sony?

Reboot the Sony does not help.

Thank you for your help.

Hello,

I found the solution here to get a proper bt pairing with my Pebble and my Sony Xperia X:
https://together.jolla.com/question/...post-id-175787

Now all is fine.

Here my log from the console:
[root@Sailfish etc]# hcitool scan
Scanning ...
B0:B4:48:7C:68:B2 Pebble 68B2
00:02:72:1A:6B:19 nihilnihil-2
50:85:69:42:6D:40 [TV]Samsung LED46
[root@Sailfish etc]# hcitool cc B0:B4:48:7C:68:B2
[root@Sailfish etc]# hcitool auth B0:B4:48:7C:68:B2
Not connected.
[root@Sailfish etc]# hcitool cc B0:B4:48:7C:68:B2
^[[A^[[A[root@Sailfish etc]# hcitool auth B0:B4:48:7C:68:B2
*** Error in `hcitool': free(): invalid next size (fast): 0x000ff008 ***
Aborted

Although error occured it was finished successfully. The cc and auth must be run without big pause (as soon as possible).

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to uddeejar For This Useful Post:

Tags
pebble, pebble time, sailfish, sailfish os