Posts: 2,142 | Thanked: 2,054 times | Joined on Dec 2006 @ Sicily
@Kenchy: are you able to "fusermount -u" the mounted directory?

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
The simplest workaround for maemo would be to add something to /etc/sudoers.d that would let you just do "sudo sshfs..."

Posts: 21 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Engerland
@debernardis, I think so, I can't check at the moment, as I have had to hand the n900 to my wife until christmas!

@qole I'm pretty sure running it with sudo won't make any difference. Fuse is intended to be run as by the user that needs the file-system. I have had issues with sshfs run as root (admittedly not on a maemo device).

The Following User Says Thank You to Kenchy For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
Originally Posted by Kenchy View Post
@debernardis, I think so, I can't check at the moment, as I have had to hand the n900 to my wife until christmas!
That sounds like an interesting story...

Originally Posted by Kenchy View Post
@qole I'm pretty sure running it with sudo won't make any difference. Fuse is intended to be run as by the user that needs the file-system. I have had issues with sshfs run as root (admittedly not on a maemo device).
Yes, you have to use "-o allow_other" when running as root. But it works; that's how I do it (see my post above).

Originally Posted by debernardis
There seem to be some problems though. I cannot "fusermount -u mount_path" because it complains "mount: can't find mount_path in /etc/fstab".
This happens for me as well. I thought about filing a bug report, but I honestly can't find how to do so for the sshfs package... The bugzilla site does not list any of the extras-testing or extras-devel packages. Not creating the fuse group upon install is also a bug IMO, fuse allowing user mounts is the expected behaviour after all.

Also, has anyone gotten the reconnect option to work? Basically, the ssh-session keeps timing out when the device goes to sleep or switches network, screwing up the mounted sshfs. This is exactly what I thought the '-o reconnect' option was for, but it does not seem to work as expected - the ssh-session still dies after some time of inactivity, or when switching network, without ever reconnecting.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AliB For This Useful Post:
i added the 'fuse' group and 'user' to it after changing the perms on /dev/fuse, it works fine for me now.

-o reconnect works fine for me. i accidentally tested it when i drove home from work (wifi connection). the server was still accessible when i reconnected at home.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hallgreng For This Useful Post:
Did you get fusermount -u to work as well? While I can
Code:
sudo gainroot
umount path/
it would be nice to be able to unmount without root.

I see no practical difference at all in behaviour with or without -o reconnect... In both cases the mount point becomes inaccessible upon any network disconnect. They do give different errors on access, though. Without reconnect I get "transport endpoint not connected", with it I get "Input/output error" (both returned by, for instance, an ls in the parent directory).

Do you use any additional ssh-options on the server or client? Ie, I've tried a few values of ServerAliveInterval and similar on the client (to no effect).

Last edited by AliB; 2009-12-24 at 13:53. Reason: Spelling

bump.. any idea on how to get the fusermount -u to work? using sudo gainroot and umount is quite a lengthy process...

Look into how to use visudo to give yourself sudo powers.

That way, you can just do 'sudo umount /media/myshare'

Posts: 850 | Thanked: 626 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Vienna, Austria
@adalal
another possibility would be to create a dedicated shortcut for unmounting, and use this as value for "Exec=":

/bin/busybox sh -c 'echo umount /media/mountpoint | sudo gainroot'

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SubCore For This Useful Post:

Tags
fuse, ssh, sshfs