Notices

As promised, I've pushed the Diablo packages for Browser Switchboard 3.2 into Extras.

I've also pushed the Fremantle packages into Extras-testing for the first time. If you feel this package meets the extras-testing QA criteria (see the link), please vote for it in the extras-testing queue! (If you don't, please do let me know what needs improving, either on this thread or via email.)

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to steven676 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,091 | Thanked: 323 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ ~
Excellent, a reboot were required(it updated while showing the nokia logo), and now the Ovi Store shortcut works as expected, nice.
Also the MicroB shortcut is seen now, I prefer it while watching Youtube vids(I should really download the separate app for that).
Overall, great update!

The Following User Says Thank You to ToJa92 For This Useful Post:
Works perfectly just what I wanted Firefox is now default! Thanks.

Posts: 105 | Thanked: 56 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Florida
Hey I need some help with uninstalling browser switchboard. Unfortunately even after uninstalling the application, the 'browser switchboard' settings option in settings keeps flashing up for a couple of seconds then dissappearing. I have tried rebooting and 'apt-get clean' in xterm with no luck; I even re-installed it thinking maybe I forgot to set the default browser back to micro-b before uninstalling and nothing. Can you please offer your assistance? Thank you very much

Posts: 246 | Thanked: 204 times | Joined on Jun 2007 @ Potsdam (Germany)
Originally Posted by Jayboy5 View Post
Hey I need some help with uninstalling browser switchboard. Unfortunately even after uninstalling the application, the 'browser switchboard' settings option in settings keeps flashing up for a couple of seconds then dissappearing. I have tried rebooting and 'apt-get clean' in xterm with no luck; I even re-installed it thinking maybe I forgot to set the default browser back to micro-b before uninstalling and nothing. Can you please offer your assistance? Thank you very much
If you uninstall browser-switchboard microb will be the default browser again.

In xterm as root you can try to uninstall browser switchboard AND to remove the depending config files using:
apt-get purge browsr-switchboard

Maybe then you can reinstall it with more success?

On the other hand it also could be a bug in the settings section of maemo. I have the same problem wih the "Mail for Exchange" configuaration icon as you can read in this bug:
https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=9512

Please vote for it and lets hope that someone can investigate it or at least ask the right questions to find out what's wrong.

HTH jukey

Me on twitter

Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
Originally Posted by Jayboy5 View Post
rm -f /home/user/.cache/launch/com.nokia.controlpanel.pvr

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to qwerty12 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by qwerty12 View Post
What does this do? Deleting the image shown on application startup? That was the only thin I noticed after executing this command.

Me on twitter

Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
Originally Posted by jukey View Post
What does this do? Deleting the image shown on application startup? That was the only thin I noticed after executing this command.
Yes: the image is recreated when the control panel is next started. The only reason Jayboy5 is seeing a disappearing Browser Switchboard icon is because the image hasn't been updated.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to qwerty12 For This Useful Post:
Well, thanks for the explanation. I misunderstood the posting completely - but anyway... I learned where application startup images are stored.

Me on twitter

The Following User Says Thank You to jukey For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by qwerty12 View Post
Ugh, ANOTHER spectacularly ugly (and somewhat broken) hack to deal with.

Would it be acceptable behavior to remove this file in the package prerm, or should I just let Nokia fix the bug at whatever glacial pace it decides?

The Following User Says Thank You to steven676 For This Useful Post:

Tags
browser, default, microb, opera