Active Topics

Posts: 304 | Thanked: 32 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ somewhere in the far south
My wish list for the upcoming OS2008 (you can add yours)
-No more fried/corrupt SD cards (specially if you invest in a expensive one like the SDHC!!)
-Windows media streamings capability (I am not in love with Windows, but a bunch of interesting media on that format )(as a non expert user, I dunno if it is a matter of the OS or apps or both)
After a week of use, I am still fascinated by the N800 but the SD getting corrupt/unusable are make me thinking about, it is a really serious, unacceptable fault!

Posts: 2,669 | Thanked: 2,555 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
First off, are you using the latest firmware release? It fixes a lot of corruption problems. Secondly, if you are, you are most likely removing the card while it is in the middle of being written to or removing the USB cable in the middle of transfering from your computer.

Remember, even if your OS says that the files are done being written, it's NOT actually the case! The write is finished being flushed to the card reader, not to the card. Leave another 30 seconds or so before removing the card/USB cable.

Posts: 304 | Thanked: 32 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ somewhere in the far south
First off, are you using the latest firmware release?
Yes, I have done update wizard as soon as the N800 comes (five days ago)
I never taken the card off, nor removing any cable in the middle of the process.
Maybe, (my hope) is the card was some kind of defective or cheap card, but I have read a lot of people with the same problem around.

Make it finger friendly.. especially the web browser. Really difficult to click links with a finger..

Posts: 487 | Thanked: 152 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ London, UK
Originally Posted by traveller604 View Post
Make it finger friendly.. especially the web browser. Really difficult to click links with a finger..
true, true...i have the same problem even with thin fingers...
i sometimes have to zoom in to 140% to be able to click on some links....

Applications I've made:
- Vuvuzela
- LTM: London Tube Map