Active Topics

Hi Guys,

Something terrible happened with me one time the magnet in the cover lost his stickiness and just landed somewhere in the universe so my phone continuesly thinking that the cover not in use so it triggers sometimes my camera to do funny things and also make my memory card totally useless. after a short check in the dmesg log I found that this periferia managed through gpio-swittch and the device is kb_lock. Yes I can see the state is open always, however the cover is in place just the magnet is missing. I tried to disable this device but now it is still open open open open....

Can you please suggest something to make ithe kb_lock closed, I know its a debian based OS so everything is possible please help me I need a permanently closed cover:P

Regards
Thanks in advance
Szilveszter

No , reply:S Please help...

Sill no response Please please help me

UPDATED!

Originally Posted by szilveszter.domotor View Post
Sill no response Please please help me
As root you must:

Code:
echo closed > /sys/devices/platform/gpio-switch/slide/state
chmod 444 /sys/devices/platform/gpio-switch/slide/state
This will set the slide to closed, then change the file permissions so that the OS can no longer update it. I.e. your n900 will think that the cover is permanently on.

You understand?

Last edited by vi_; 2011-09-23 at 13:02.

Thanks absolutelly, but I might think that during this modification i need to have a magnet near the back cover and after denie all rights

Thanks buddy.

Sorry buddy but i dont want to touch the slide i need the back cover which recognizes if the back-cover is on the phone it is recognized via a little magnet what I lost.

And please be sorry because of my bad english. I have a little fewer so can't think/brainstorming so much on this

Originally Posted by szilveszter.domotor View Post
Sorry buddy but i dont want to touch the slide i need the back cover which recognizes if the back-cover is on the phone it is recognized via a little magnet what I lost.

And please be sorry because of my bad english. I have a little fewer so can't think/brainstorming so much on this
Oops, turns out you are right! Does anyone know the /sys/ entry that denotes whether the back-cover is on?

Last edited by vi_; 2011-09-23 at 14:44.