Originally Posted by gaelic View Post
Does ist make sense (is it possible) to lock the bootloader again after flashing to get rid of the annoying message at startup?
As far as I know, this is not possible. Well, technically it is possible but it will prevent your phone from booting since SFOS don't have a kernel signed by Sony. There's a thread over at TJC about that where someone mentioned that, so let's hope Jolla comes up with a solution.

Being able to relock the bootloader would also be great from a security point of view.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jenix For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,195 | Thanked: 2,708 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hanoi
Originally Posted by kinggo View Post
isn't that the case with all phones with hybrid tray these days?

No, in the Galaxy S7 you can just glue SD-card and slimmed down SIM card back to back and off you go: dual SIM and 256GB.

Resulting in pretty high end phone specs deserving of Salifish if it wasn t for the stupid glass back.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ste-phan For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Do jolla have any plans to release updates at some point? is the sail x release completely different from the jPhone 1 build when it comes to release circles .

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

The Following User Says Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by jenix View Post
I may miss something here, but how is the phone supposed to recognize the sdcard when the contacts are covered by tape (and therefore the phone can't make a physical connection to the card)?
It is not supposed to recognize sdcard when sdcard contacts are covered.
I wanted to test if phone recognizes 2nd SIM card when contacts are covered, and so the phone does. However, it does not recognize the 2nd SIM card when sd card contacts are not covered, and that covering is the only difference.
With that test I proofed, that there is no problem with the contacts of 2nd SIM card, as the physical structure is the same in both cases (except the piece of tape).

The question is, what is the reason that phone does not reconize 2nd SIM card when sdcard is connected?

Last edited by Heik; 2017-10-17 at 13:57.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Heik For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by jenix View Post
Originally Posted by gaelic View Post
Does ist make sense (is it possible) to lock the bootloader again after flashing to get rid of the annoying message at startup?
As far as I know, this is not possible. Well, technically it is possible but it will prevent your phone from booting since SFOS don't have a kernel signed by Sony. There's a thread over at TJC about that where someone mentioned that, so let's hope Jolla comes up with a solution.

Being able to relock the bootloader would also be great from a security point of view.
I was horrified at the ominous warning screen that was thrown at me in the startup when the bootloader is unlocked!
In all other android devices I have seen (not many though) there is just a very small-font discreet mentioning of an unlocked bootloader in the upper or lower corner of the device screen...

Shame on you Sony for making it so ugly!
Just like the openmode-warning on N9 was. Plain user harassment IMHO.

I wonder if there is possibility for a similar fix to it like we had in N9, where it was enough to remember to remove the warning before booting an unsigned kernel...?

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by suicidal_orange View Post
I wouldn't know what most of the messages mean either but it would be interesting to see the differences and failures should stick out. Might need some of the 'same' bits for context though so probably best you share the whole files.
Here are the files in a zip file.
-dmesg_sdcardok.txt, no tape
-dmesg_sdcardtape.txt, with tape

Was easy to compare in Windows with Notepad++

I will check the android behavior, as I am not sure if I did that looong ago already.

I will be back...

EDIT:
Now it is checked, behavior in Android is similar as in SailfishX:
-no 2nd SIM detected if sdcard is connected
-both SIMs work, if sdcard contacts are taped

:-(

Now back to Sailfish X, takes some time to setup, since not too much knowledge to have made backup... well, in one hour all is ok again.
Attached Files
File Type: zip dmesg.zip (49.1 KB, 21 views)

Last edited by Heik; 2017-10-17 at 14:24.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Heik For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
Do jolla have any plans to release updates at some point? is the sail x release completely different from the jPhone 1 build when it comes to release circles .
Xperia X is the new community phone so not only I expect it to be updated, but to be updated first.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jameson For This Useful Post:
Posts: 269 | Thanked: 1,096 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hampshire, UK
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
In all other android devices I have seen (not many though) there is just a very small-font discreet mentioning of an unlocked bootloader in the upper or lower corner of the device screen...

Shame on you Sony for making it so ugly!
Or, alternatively, WELL DONE SONY for making your security warnings plainly obvious even to people who never read the splashscreens!

The fact that in this particular case it is a nonsense is entirely secondary

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to epninety For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Ì think its a ugly message but it should be obvious I think. since the phone is not secure if you are planning to sell it.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Heik View Post
Did some testing with F5122:

2 SIMs and sd card in tray
-1st SIM and sdcard working
2 SIMs and sdcard in tray, but sdcard contacts covered by tape (carefully inserted to phone)
-both SIMs work, sdcard not work :-( :-)

Any comments?
Exactly the same behaviour confirmed in testing here.

2 SIMs and one μSD card were destroyed in the testing process.

OnePlus X would work this way though, 2(SIM) + μSD all functioning properly in Sailfish. That project however has not received the 2.1.1.x update though and it is unknown if kimmoli will return to it.

Last edited by oenone; 2017-10-17 at 18:08.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to oenone For This Useful Post:

Tags
sailfish os, sony xperia x