Active Topics

Posts: 804 | Thanked: 1,598 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gdynia, Poland
Originally Posted by shawnjefferson View Post
[...]Beyond that, I'd like to see thumb2 make it up into stable eventually...
+1 Packages that are proven to work in thumb2 architecture can be considered stable. Who is in charge of CSSU stable now by the way? It hasn't received any updates since like forever... I know that the purpose of CSSU Stable is "keeping the device like in the SSU times", but I feel like there is a huge gap between CSSU Stable in CSSU Testing - where should apps from CSSU Testing go when they are stable enough to not be in testing? There are some nice features in Testing which would make their way to stable repo if this was plain Debian, me thinks... This is a whole lot of work to maintain next repository, but we have CSSU devel and CSSU testing after all... I know it's discusable wether CSSU stable should change this role, and after all it is up to the person that is responsible for all repositories, so I don't want to bring up too much discussion with this (it's pointless I guess).

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to misiak For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,290 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ UK
Originally Posted by misiak View Post
Who is in charge of CSSU stable now by the way?
chemist
It hasn't received any updates since like forever... I know that the purpose of CSSU Stable is "keeping the device like in the SSU times", but I feel like there is a huge gap between CSSU Stable in CSSU Testing
I believe chemist has been struggling with his Maemo build environment, there are plans to have a CSSU-S update soon. Packages are being evaluated as to what is Stable for Testing, freemangordon is happy that most of the packages in Testing at the moment are Stable.
where should apps from CSSU Testing go when they are stable enough to not be in testing?
Applications are applications and should not be included in CSSU Stable but should be optional. I can understand CSSU Testing forcing some applications to be installed to test them. Take Orientation lock applet and custom operator for example.
This is a whole lot of work to maintain next repository, but we have CSSU devel and CSSU testing after all... I know it's discusable wether CSSU stable should change this role, and after all it is up to the person that is responsible for all repositories, so I don't want to bring up too much discussion with this (it's pointless I guess).
I don't believe CSSU Stable should change it's role. It's there for continued stable SSU updates from the community.

Wiki Admin
sixwheeledbeast's wiki
Testing Squad Subscriber
- mcallerx - tenminutecore - FlopSwap - Qnotted - zzztop - Bander - Fight2048 -

Before posting or starting a thread please try this.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sixwheeledbeast For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,994 | Thanked: 3,342 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ N900: Battery low. N950: torx 4 re-used once and fine; SIM port torn apart
Originally Posted by oKtosiTe View Post
The ability to customize language and region settings would be great.
I for one would like to have English (US) language settings and weekday/month names, Swedish date order, while being able to customize decimal separators .
A simple and useful feature, date format customization +1. Though, I have not used N900 for such a long time that I cannot say what the current state of this date-format-picker is.

Originally Posted by don_falcone View Post
By the way, I'm also hindered by my inability to understand the majority of Americans that just want a sleek and simple / dumb feature-less interface that has oh-so fluid animations; but that's very OT anyway.
(...i just started to learn LaTeX this week, to avoid the stupidity/control-lessness that are office suite-type word processors. No efforts, no cake)
People just want the computer to provide the fastest possible access to the features they need to use every day. Friendly pathway to more complicated features is also valued, but everyday tasks are more important. Do you know how many times I had to close-reopen dialer of Nemo Mobile simply because it does not have Backspace visible?

Congratulations with learning LaTeX, by the way.
Best wishes. Thank you.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Per aspera ad astra...

Posts: 1,236 | Thanked: 1,278 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Balochistan
please remove jpeg quality capping in camera-ui2.

The Following User Says Thank You to panjgoori For This Useful Post:
Posts: 80 | Thanked: 71 times | Joined on Jan 2014 @ Albania
1- Add hd recording and 540 x 960 video recording since HD rec is lower than 25fps
2-http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p=1440573&postcount=1109

The Following User Says Thank You to UJKU For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,310 | Thanked: 820 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Irving, TX
Just to make sure this DNS manual setting bug doesn't get forgotten:
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?p=1434922

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mara For This Useful Post:
Dream List:

1. if possible browser plugins/fixes (flash, youtube, etc)
2. frontfacing camera access/usage in the normal camera interface
3. skype replacement
4. fm "scanner" to determine which channel would work best with the transmitter (the chipset supports channel hopping but it has never been utilized)

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Swordfish II For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,290 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ UK
Originally Posted by Swordfish II View Post
Dream List:

1. if possible browser plugins/fixes (flash, youtube, etc)
2. frontfacing camera access/usage in the normal camera interface
3. skype replacement
4. fm "scanner" to determine which channel would work best with the transmitter (the chipset supports channel hopping but it has never been utilized)
None of these are vital system components so wouldn't be covered under CSSU.

1) Use a different browser, hopefully with some love, QML browser will be a good replacement in the future.

2) IMO needs a separate application, these is already a mirror front camera app.

3)There has been a thread about this recently. You can use something else SIP etc
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=93558

$) I was under the impression an unused FM channel scanner application was in the repository already. No idea if it works.
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=68157
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=62731

Wiki Admin
sixwheeledbeast's wiki
Testing Squad Subscriber
- mcallerx - tenminutecore - FlopSwap - Qnotted - zzztop - Bander - Fight2048 -

Before posting or starting a thread please try this.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sixwheeledbeast For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,048 | Thanked: 1,127 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Amsterdam
None of these are vital system components so wouldn't be covered under CSSU.
I think I could name one: get Syncevolution to work without 3d party-apps like Funambol.

Than again: The word vital could easily lead to a semantics discussion. But syncevolution is the one promise not kept that has bothered me from the get-go.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to anthonie For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by FlashInTheNight86 View Post
It should have been already mentioned, but still... it would be great to include 720p playback in CSSU.
I'd be happy if I got even 480p working reliably. N900 chokes to death when trying to play anything in a MKV wrapper, even 480p.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to KFX For This Useful Post:

Tags
cssu stable, nokia n900