Jolla announced today:
http://jolla.com/stella
http://stella.angrybirds.com/
https://cdn.jolla.com/wp-content/upl...2014_FINAL.PDF
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6otD_TT6hk

(I hope this is in right category)

Last edited by eekkelund; 2014-10-18 at 00:08. Reason: youtube link

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to eekkelund For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
In the last link the device runing the launcher pretty much looks like the real thing, but it is still android under the hood, right?
So it still runs just Android apps, and misses the real niceties of SFOS?

I wonder what is the meaning of the launcher thingy, probably meant as an advertisement of SailfishOS to current Android users, but is it working well for that purpose?

And what about that Angry Birds theme, is there any chance of that becoming available as an ambience for Jolla?

The Following User Says Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,195 | Thanked: 2,708 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hanoi
the typical video with raspy voice nerd needing 3 minutes of nervous swiping to explain that this is an Angry Birds themed skimmed down version of the Sailfish Android launcher is somewhat a waste of precious Sailfish native Flappy Bird time to me.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ste-phan For This Useful Post:
Posts: 334 | Thanked: 2,004 times | Joined on Oct 2013 @ Fin
Yes it is android under the hood, it's only Sailfish launcher seen in video.
I would say that it is just marketting their OS. Android launcher app is good way to get visibility.
Yeah I would also like to know if Jolla phone is going to get something from deal with Rovio?

Posts: 857 | Thanked: 1,206 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Chertsey in the Thames, United Kingdom
Jolla was going to get an Angry birds TOH and exclusive content, along with Sailfish version of the game. That was all announced in Feb but it has been awfully quiet since. The younited and and Finnish fashion brand, Maikia, also had tie ins, but none of these have yet hatched into anything for the Jolla phone. (and I am not including the younited android app announcement).

Press Release 21 Feb with more details due Q2/2014. The brushweed has been blowing about since.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bockersjv For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,699 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
bet all to android angry birds game with angry birds toh, not sailfish one.

Posts: 2,021 | Thanked: 1,060 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Hong Kong
anyone can share the ringtone and wallpaper?

The Following User Says Thank You to TMavica For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by bockersjv View Post
Jolla was going to get an Angry birds TOH and exclusive content, along with Sailfish version of the game. That was all announced in Feb but it has been awfully quiet since. The younited and and Finnish fashion brand, Maikia, also had tie ins, but none of these have yet hatched into anything for the Jolla phone. (and I am not including the younited android app announcement).

Press Release 21 Feb with more details due Q2/2014. The brushweed has been blowing about since.
I could ask Peter Vesterbacka back in February if we would get a native Sailfish app of Angry Birds. The answer back then was no, with the reason that available Android versions work well on the device. So the partnership has more promotional reasons (of which Jolla can benefit since there are a lot of Rovio fans out there), and has not the aim to publish a collection of native Sailfish apps.

It would be nice (even though I'm not an Angry Birds gamer) to turn that "Stella Launcher" into a Sailfish ambience - what shouldn't be to much work. The Angry Birds ambience shown at MWC was pretty much the same as that launcher (swipe left/right for exclusive Rovio content).

So that Rovio deal mostly benefits Jolla as a brand and not us users - which doesn't have to be a bad thing.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to caprico For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by TMavica View Post
anyone can share the ringtone and wallpaper?
Hey TMavica , any role for Jolla in the heat of the fight for democracy and freedom TM? Don't let yourself be distracted by Angry birds.
How is firechat going on Jolla?

Originally Posted by coderus View Post
bet all to android angry birds game with angry birds toh, not sailfish one.
Sure, I 'd bet on it.

But if they postpone the release till Sailfish has buried Android its going to be a huge success in retro game circles anyway