Active Topics

Notices

i had to switch to my n8 for a day and installed whatsapp on it. after going back to the n9 whazapp constantly tried to connect ("connecting..." in top area of ui). i deleted the app & my account and reinstalled it. now when i try to register i get "server said: success-attached::: 878" and the everything failed try me button gives me a "server said: unkown reason" notification.

what can i do?

Last edited by milanjakob; 2012-06-19 at 20:09.

tagala put 00 behind n9

any new news on N900 version?

Posts: 32 | Thanked: 39 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ London
Originally Posted by Turkishflavor View Post
any new news on N900 version?
post 1429 try reading before post questions that have already been answered only ten posts before.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jpetrise For This Useful Post:
Posts: 435 | Thanked: 684 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Netherlands 020
Originally Posted by tgalal View Post
Wazapp is coming for N900. It's my main focus after the upcoming release.
Thank you !!

Posts: 704 | Thanked: 241 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Johannesburg - South Africa
Tgalal just Tweeted reaching 50000 downloads, impressive record. Anybody knows how many N9s were produced?

Originally Posted by Muzimak View Post
Just a suggestion, would it be possible that on the Availability Menu when tapping on top screen, that Wazapp also be included? So we could set up Online or Offline by clicking there just like with Facebook / Skype?
Probably not. I did some reading about IM services a couple of weeks ago and the only way to get this working is using the Telepathy framework. This means the app should go into the garbage bin and should be rewritten as a Telepathy plugin (so only the protocol code could be reused, but because it's Python I don't now if that's possible either). Using Telepathy has the advantage of being integrated with the default messaging app (and probably contacts app too). The default messaging app however has some drawbacks (no media sharing, no group chats)

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RobertMe For This Useful Post:
Thread #122 doesn't show you any code, besides v0.2.6 was not available then. I have tried to change the walogin.py. Do I change as root? How do I save it from terminal so it takes effect. Any help is appreciated.
i added the right for "user" to walogin.py and opened it using winscp. #122 shows the code +str that needs to be added. worked for me, but im no expert.

Posts: 120 | Thanked: 207 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Switzerland
Originally Posted by Muzimak View Post
Tgalal just Tweeted reaching 50000 downloads, impressive record. Anybody knows how many N9s were produced?
No idk, but 50'000 is an amazing number. But there would be much more download if it would be an official app. To us its very easy and self explaining to install Wazapp. But that's certainly not the case for everyone - many people just have a look at Nokia Store to check for new apps and wouldn't even think of that they could download an application from any website. Still see quiet a lot of people asking if there is "WhatsApp for N9"...

Posts: 2,021 | Thanked: 1,060 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Hong Kong
The coming version got many nice feather and improvement, all guy please be patience.

1. Receiving Media Function, 2. Single Message Delete, 3. Group Chat with every user name, with chat subject and every user have theirs own colour bubble, 4. Harmattan Style Icon Notication, 5. Contact Search Bar, etc.....manymany

Last edited by TMavica; 2012-06-18 at 11:17.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to TMavica For This Useful Post:

Tags
godoftool, harmattan, is-a-miracle, nokia n9, spacker_thread, tarekgalal, toddler_daycare, toolcoderus, wazapp, whatsapp