Posts: 605 | Thanked: 1,778 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Helsinki
Originally Posted by qole View Post
What about writing a gstreamer sink that calls itself droidcamsrc but actually uses the subdevsrc2 and libomap3camd binaries?

And maybe we need to shim the meego gst interfaces to respond (at least basically) like the Android gst interfaces?

I'm thinking we could have "fake" sinks and interfaces that behave like the Jolla/Android ones but use the closed Nokia binaries...?

This reminds me of libhybris... but in reverse...
No need to write a new source that calls itself droidcamsrc.

You already have subdevsrc2, patch it so it'd call itself droidcamsrc

Then we need to fix it so it'd expose and be able to deal with the caps which are being set by camera ui.

The next issue would be that droidcamsrc outputs jpegs for captured images while subdevsrc2 outputs yuv data.

As for rendering, yes I think we can proxy it.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to MSameer For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
Originally Posted by MSameer View Post
The next issue would be that droidcamsrc outputs jpegs for captured images while subdevsrc2 outputs yuv data.
That's too bad! Maybe we need a (meta)source that wraps subdevsrc2 and then calls jpegenc for jpeg compression?

Originally Posted by MSameer View Post
As for rendering, yes I think we can proxy it.
That's good news!

Last edited by qole; 2013-12-16 at 22:49. Reason: jpegenc is the correct gstreamer element

today I tried to start from nemo to sailfish
but they deleted the repositories
I think they changed it to some other unknown folders

Posts: 1,269 | Thanked: 3,961 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Brazil
Originally Posted by romu View Post
Hi everybody,
I've setup an issue tracker to help a bit. I'm going to begin to enter issues I've found myself and the other read here. But anyone is invited to participate.

The README.md presents a kind of template issue, really simple.

It's here: https://github.com/romu70/sailfish-for-other/issues
About "Battery status not managed" issue :
Description

Battery status always display 87% and 99% when the charger is plugged. Charging is not handled.
I suspect that Sailfish on Nokia N9 doesn't charge the battery when connected to the charger. So we need to boot to MeeGo Harmattan from time to time to recharge the N9. Right ?
-- My blog about mobile & scientific computing ---
Sailfish : Sony Xperia X, Gemini, Jolla, Jolla C, Jolla Tablet, Nexus 4. Nokia N9, N900, N810.

The Following User Says Thank You to rcolistete For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,269 | Thanked: 3,961 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Brazil
Besides some issues, I find Saifish on Nokia N9/N950 already excellent, fast enough even running on 2011 hardware, CPU and RAM usage is fine, full multitasking, etc.

Sailfish on Nokia N9/N950 is very useful to develop for Sailfish without a real Jolla smartphone, so it will help development of Sailfish softwares.

Thanks everybody here in TMO, from the Mer/Nemo Mobile community and also Jolla sailors who helped and continue to help a lot.
-- My blog about mobile & scientific computing ---
Sailfish : Sony Xperia X, Gemini, Jolla, Jolla C, Jolla Tablet, Nexus 4. Nokia N9, N900, N810.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to rcolistete For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by arsaa View Post
Owh...I skip step 6 since the instruction ask to go directly to step W after step 5....so thats why it didnt have the multiboot system...

So what about the format disk....should I format as instructed after re-partitioning or just ignore it?

Thanks for helping out in advance..
You should definitely not format ALT_OS partition on windows!
The reason for that; MOSLO partitioning (or ubiboot partitioning, does not matter) creates an ext4fs filesystem on the partition. Windows knows nothing about this and wants to make it FAT or NTFS which are not suitable for running SailfishOS on.

If you format it in windows you fill fail the OS extraction step.

The Following User Says Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by rcolistete View Post
About "Battery status not managed" issue :

I suspect that Sailfish on Nokia N9 doesn't charge the battery when connected to the charger. So we need to boot to MeeGo Harmattan from time to time to recharge the N9. Right ?
http://wiki.maemo.org/index.php?titl...arging_working

Code:
devel-su # enter password
systemctl enable bme-rm-680-bin.service # enables it for next reboot
systemctl start bme-rm-680-bin.service # starts it right now
bmestat # shows bat stat
but i have to start the service after each reboot manually.
as soon as coderus pull-request (https://github.com/nemomobile/statefs-providers/pull/6) is accepted and in the builds, the UI elements of sailfish should display the level.

Last edited by d0m1n1k; 2013-12-17 at 08:09. Reason: name missing

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to d0m1n1k For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by max83 View Post
today I tried to start from nemo to sailfish
but they deleted the repositories
I think they changed it to some other unknown folders
i suspect that the update announced here https://lists.sailfishos.org/piperma...er/001818.html is involved into that problem.

Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,699 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
you can grab latest statefs bme provider for tests here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/bwznwtalao...-3.armv7hl.rpm

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to coderus For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by coderus View Post
you can grab latest statefs bme provider for tests here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/bwznwtalao...-3.armv7hl.rpm
either i'm too fast or the link is dead, anyway dropbox tells me that the file doesn't exist.

Tags
jolla, nokia, sailfish