Posts: 1,671 | Thanked: 11,478 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Warsaw, Poland
Something new from Stskeeps

Zipper is an Ethereum based mobile platform which brings blockchain based services to our smartphones in one seamless and user-controlled experience.

At first, Zipper provides everyday smartphone users an easy and safe way to manage their identity and private keys. This makes it possible for anyone to access blockchain based services out-of-the-box in an easy and intuitive way - just like Apple’s services on iOS today - while being in full control of their identity, transactions and data.

Zipper works in an isolated compartment in Android and Sailfish OS smartphones, making Zipper and its wallet secure while still easily accessible

https://zipperglobal.com/
and a video with recognisable faces at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CtQGu_6tErs
As you go on to other communities, remember to build them around politeness, respect, trust and humility. Be wary of poisonous people and deal with them before they end up killing your community.. Seen it happen to too many IRC channels, forums, open source projects.

The Following 25 Users Say Thank You to Stskeeps For This Useful Post:
Posts: 54 | Thanked: 208 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Brazil

Does this mean they got the fingerprint scanner working?

Edit: Also, color emoji support?

Last edited by brunelli; 2017-11-30 at 10:16.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to brunelli For This Useful Post:
Posts: 292 | Thanked: 294 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Milan, Italy
Originally Posted by brunelli View Post
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DP3mL8nVwAEALEO.jpg

Does this mean they got the fingerprint scanner working?

Edit: Also, color emoji support?
...or that picture comes from the Android app.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Watchmaker For This Useful Post:
Posts: 54 | Thanked: 208 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Brazil
Originally Posted by Watchmaker View Post
...or that picture comes from the Android app.
It doesn't seem to be the case, as the video clearly shows it running in Sailfish OS.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to brunelli For This Useful Post:
Does it? I see it running on an Xperia X, that's for sure, but Sailfish? Maybe I'm just tired and stupid, but I don't see it. I would be happy if that is the case, though.

Last edited by Watchmaker; 2017-11-30 at 11:45.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Watchmaker For This Useful Post:
Posts: 951 | Thanked: 2,344 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ UK
Do we? I see it running on an Xperia X, that's for sure, but Sailfish? Maybe I'm just tired and stupid, but I don't see it. I would be happy if that is the case, though.
The whole UI behind things was SailfishOS

Was quite cool to see Marc again

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mariusmssj For This Useful Post:
I happily stand corrected but I'm definitely stupid because I still don't clearly identify anything in that video as Sailfish UI. And I've been using a SFOS device as my daily (and only) driver for the past 4 years or so

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Watchmaker For This Useful Post:
Posts: 697 | Thanked: 1,980 times | Joined on Jun 2015 @ Lisbon - Portugal
I happily stand corrected but I'm definitely stupid because I still don't clearly identify anything in that video as Sailfish UI. And I've been using a SFOS device as my daily (and only) driver for the past 4 years or so
Make that two of us because i couldn't see Sailfish os also

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to deutch1976 For This Useful Post:
Apart from the ambiguity on the OS running the demo app in the video: this project really intrigues me. I guess I'm exactly the kind of people they're trying to market this: I don't have a clue about how all this cryptocurrency thing works, and I've never had the time to even bother trying to understand it (the fact that it seems a bit unpractical to manage, too, didn't help). If this makes it easy and straightforward, I'm definitely all ears.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Watchmaker For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by Stskeeps View Post
Something new from Stskeeps

Zipper is an Ethereum based mobile platform which brings blockchain based services to our smartphones in one seamless and user-controlled experience.

At first, Zipper provides everyday smartphone users an easy and safe way to manage their identity and private keys. This makes it possible for anyone to access blockchain based services out-of-the-box in an easy and intuitive way - just like Apple’s services on iOS today - while being in full control of their identity, transactions and data.

Zipper works in an isolated compartment in Android and Sailfish OS smartphones, making Zipper and its wallet secure while still easily accessible

https://zipperglobal.com/
and a video with recognisable faces at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CtQGu_6tErs
I just found Stskeeps. He is right here

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post: