Active Topics

Guys, a stupid question: I am trying to run a simple desktop QtQuick app and for whatever reason it is stuck in portrait mode, even if I specify contentOrientation: Qt.LandscapeOrientation in qml file. However, if I do so, i get the famous libPVROGL.so not found warning. Are those issues related to one another? Is there a workaround? (there is a reason why I cannot try that in the emulator at the moment, unfortunately)

Last edited by arkanoid; 2018-01-18 at 14:37.

The Following User Says Thank You to arkanoid For This Useful Post:
Posts: 191 | Thanked: 271 times | Joined on Mar 2015 @ Germany
hi thera is there any chance to you use sailfish with full device (16 gb)?

The Following User Says Thank You to monkeyisland For This Useful Post:
Posts: 166 | Thanked: 454 times | Joined on Apr 2015 @ Poland
Most probably - no.
The problem is related with lack of possibility to unlock the bootloader.
It does perform checks if the whole partition layout and types of filesystems on some of the partitions are untouched. The device won't boot if it detects any inconsistency. At least this is how it looked like when I've read about it on XDA some time ago.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mp107 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by TheKit View Post
I can try to modify initramfs. In case of using kexecboot, as opposed to SafeStrap, what partitions are going to be used for /data and /system? The stock ones?

For anyone wishing to try in a separate SafeStrap slot, here is the new SailfishOS 2.1.3.7 build for Droid 4: http://sfos.scanf.su/maserati/sailfi....1.3.7-ota.zip

There were some issues with updated systemd due to old kernel, but otherwise I didn't find any new problems. If there are no major issues with this build, we could try to OTA update from 2.1.0.11, since the packages for port are now built on OBS.
This is great! Ctrl on right-OK and Alt on left-SYM. IRSSI IS LIKE ON MY PC NOW!

THANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOU., This helps me very much because i cannot sit for long, and use the xt894 to chat while lying down.

However some regressions

1) Keyboard backlighting stopped working
2) Shift button persistence to next keypress stopped working - now shift has to be held to get a capital letter.

Everything else seems to be great.

My main goal now is to get a multi-console emulator (retroarch or emumaster). Running so we have amusement.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to merpl For This Useful Post:
No luck with emulation yet. On my todo liet.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to merpl For This Useful Post:
Any of you got keyboard backlighting or persistent shift key working with TheKit's new image?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to merpl For This Useful Post:
Hi,

Don't know if this is a Droid 4 thing, or just a general Sailfish thing, but has anyone managed to turn their Droid 4 into a hotspot and connect to it?

It does work in Android, but in Sailfish, the wifi network appears on my computer and when I connect it asks for a password, but after entering the password it just say 'unable to connect'.

Cheers

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to moodroid For This Useful Post:
Posts: 253 | Thanked: 1,007 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Near Munich
Two Droid 4s are on the way to me to test out Sailfish and Leste
(and to have Android when I really need it)

I am very grateful already for the work of all porters and coders.
The droid 4 should go a long way with its 1GB of RAM.
Hopefully long enough for people and manifacturers to discover handsome keyboard phones again.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Macros For This Useful Post:
Posts: 52 | Thanked: 226 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ CZ & US ex-(UK/France/Switzerland/Canada)
Originally Posted by merpl View Post
Any of you got keyboard backlighting or persistent shift key working with TheKit's new image?
Hi, the sticky SHIFT key can be obtained by adding the following lines to the first block in "/usr/share/X11/xkb/symbols/us" :

Code:
    key <LFSH> {
        type[Group1]="ONE_LEVEL",
        symbols[Group1]=[ ISO_Level2_Latch]
    };
    modifier_map Shift { Shift_L, ISO_Level2_Latch};
Unfortunately, this seems to be buggy because it sends some escape character that makes crazy programs like vi or ssh when entering passphrases. Any ideas how to fix this?

PS: I've re-mapped CAPS->ESC, SHIFT+CAPS->'\' SHIFT+TAB -> '>' and SHIFT+ENTER -> '|' (the ';' and ':' are as the engraving on the keyboard says). I have most of my daily commands covered, although the lack of symmetry for '<' does annoy me a bit.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wolda For This Useful Post:
Posts: 52 | Thanked: 226 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ CZ & US ex-(UK/France/Switzerland/Canada)
Originally Posted by Wolda View Post
Hi, the sticky SHIFT key can be obtained by adding the following lines to the first block in "/usr/share/X11/xkb/symbols/us" :

Code:
    key <LFSH> {
        type[Group1]="ONE_LEVEL",
        symbols[Group1]=[ ISO_Level2_Latch]
    };
    modifier_map Shift { Shift_L, ISO_Level2_Latch};
Unfortunately, this seems to be buggy because it sends some escape character that makes crazy programs like vi or ssh when entering passphrases. Any ideas how to fix this?

Allright, a dirty hack that makes SHIFT sticky and doesn't do a mess in vim. We basically redefine CAPS_LOCK function to do the sticky SHIFT, and then assign the SHIFT key the CAPS_LOCK function.

File "/usr/share/X11/xkb/compat/caps" :
Code:
interpret Caps_Lock { action = LatchMods(modifiers = Shift);}
File "/usr/share/X11/xkb/symbols/us" :
Code:
key <LFSH> { [Caps_Lock] };
key <BKSP> { [BackSpace, Delete ] };
key <RTRN> { [Return, bar] };
key <CAPS> { [Escape, backslash] };
key <TAB> { [Tab, greater] };
key <SPCE> { [ space, less] };
I bet there is a less lopsided way of doing this, but since I live and die with vi, I'm currently being happy with the solution.

Last edited by Wolda; 2018-07-22 at 18:21.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wolda For This Useful Post:

Tags
droid, hwkbd, sailfish os, xt894