Active Topics

Perhaps the current image doesn't have all my latest changes, and it seems like it doesn't have the anbox changes yet.

I'll have to make sure tha'ts all sorted out before 2.2.1 hits

The Following User Says Thank You to r0kk3rz For This Useful Post:
Thanks for your reply, what about my second question (zypper dup)?

I found two bugs in this port:
1. It is impossible to charge tablet when it's off - when I plug the power cable, tablet is starting (boots into OS).
2. Temperature of tablet (left side AFAIR) is a lot higher than on android

The Following User Says Thank You to GCR For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by GCR View Post
Thanks for your reply, what about my second question (zypper dup)?

I found two bugs in this port:
1. It is impossible to charge tablet when it's off - when I plug the power cable, tablet is starting (boots into OS).
2. Temperature of tablet (left side AFAIR) is a lot higher than on android
without knowing exactly what your zypper dup is listing I can't really say, but anything listed there would be included in any rebuilt image so it should be fine to install them.

1. I deliberately disabled that as I was working around another issue, but I can probably re-enable it now.
2. Battery life on mine is fairly good, so it would be interesting to see what is going on there...

EDIT: hmm, seems to be quite high CPU usage coming from some GPS Components, I suggest you keep location disabled for now

Last edited by r0kk3rz; 2018-08-18 at 15:31.

Originally Posted by r0kk3rz View Post
Perhaps the current image doesn't have all my latest changes, and it seems like it doesn't have the anbox changes yet.

I'll have to make sure tha'ts all sorted out before 2.2.1 hits
Hello,
Do you have any news about anbox on this tablet? Can I update this device to the newest version (2.2.1), using ssu and zypper?

Thanks for you reply.

Hello,
Do you have any news about anbox on this tablet? Can I update this device to the newest version (2.2.1), using ssu and zypper?

Thanks for you reply.
I did manage to get anbox to work on it, but its not very useful at this stage, maybe you can play an offline game with it or something.

No you shouldn't try updating to 2.2.1 yet as we dont yet have OBS targets and I haven't tried it myself. I'll post here when the required things have been done

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to r0kk3rz For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by r0kk3rz View Post
I did manage to get anbox to work on it, but its not very useful at this stage, maybe you can play an offline game with it or something.

No you shouldn't try updating to 2.2.1 yet as we dont yet have OBS targets and I haven't tried it myself. I'll post here when the required things have been done
Does networking work on anbox?Could you try some language learning apps (memrise or clozemaster) (if it isn't a problem for you)?
Or just give me the instructions (if it is possible) - I want to try it

Currently networking doesnt work, which limits its utility quite a bit, and it crashes or doesnt start sometimes and is generally not something id bother with unless you want to help develop it

Next release i'll make sure the kernel stuff is in place, then you can see for your self

Last edited by r0kk3rz; 2018-09-11 at 06:22.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to r0kk3rz For This Useful Post:
Hello, I saw on https://gitlab.com/sailfishos-porter...rpion_windy_ci that image for scorpion_windy was updated. Is it safe now to upgrade? Does this image has kernel extensions for anbox?

Thanks for you reply

Hello, I saw on https://gitlab.com/sailfishos-porter...rpion_windy_ci that image for scorpion_windy was updated. Is it safe now to upgrade? Does this image has kernel extensions for anbox?

Thanks for you reply
You can upgrade, OTA or image, everything seems to be fine with it.

I haven't pushed the anbox kernel yet, i thought id test the update first just to minimise potential breakage

so just to be sure: there's no way to get android apps running on the z3tc with 2.2.0, right? or is there anything special one has to do? because I couldnt find anything about that android runtime in the jolla store as mentioned in all those jolla guides about android apps...

edit: also, is there anyway to disable the adaptive brightness? I use the tablet in landscape, so my hand is constantly moving around the brightness sensor which constantly changes the screen brightness and its driving me mad...

Last edited by Spleeeno; 2018-09-24 at 18:39.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Spleeeno For This Useful Post: