Active Topics

Originally Posted by r0kk3rz View Post
You can upgrade, OTA or image, everything seems to be fine with it.

I haven't pushed the anbox kernel yet, i thought id test the update first just to minimise potential breakage
Latest image works okay for me, can you upload anbox-enabled kernel version?

Thanks

The Following User Says Thank You to GCR For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by GCR View Post
Latest image works okay for me, can you upload anbox-enabled kernel version?

Thanks
Ok i've uploaded the new HAL with anbox patches, if you want to OTA to it you will have to run the kernel flashing script manually because I don't have things quite set up right.

/var/lib/platform-updates/flash-bootimg.sh

I've also kicked off a new image build on the gitlab-ci if you prefer to do it that way

https://gitlab.com/sailfishos-porter...indy_ci/-/jobs

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to r0kk3rz For This Useful Post:
Ok i've uploaded the new HAL with anbox patches, if you want to OTA to it you will have to run the kernel flashing script manually because I don't have things quite set up right.

/var/lib/platform-updates/flash-bootimg.sh

I've also kicked off a new image build on the gitlab-ci if you prefer to do it that way

https://gitlab.com/sailfishos-porter...indy_ci/-/jobs
If I want to upgrade via OTA: zypper ref, zypper dup and then sh flash-bootimg.sh?Am I right?

Thanks for your reply.

Hello again,

I did an OTA update (zypper ref, zypper dup) and then command in sh, but anbox still doesn't work - the same case as earlier.
In journalctl I've got "Failed to connect to socket /run/anbox-container.socket: No such file or directory
Couldn't get a connection with the session manager.

Please help

Originally Posted by GCR View Post
Hello again,

I did an OTA update (zypper ref, zypper dup) and then command in sh, but anbox still doesn't work - the same case as earlier.
In journalctl I've got "Failed to connect to socket /run/anbox-container.socket: No such file or directory
Couldn't get a connection with the session manager.

Please help
I did say that it doesn't work very well

From memory you need to remove the networking stuff from one of the service scripts, then start the service, and then maybe after restarting the service 4-5 times and trying the anbox launcher you might get it to work briefly.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to r0kk3rz For This Useful Post:
Sailfish 3.0.0.8 working quite nicely on the scorpion tablet.

Available for OTA or new image update

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to r0kk3rz For This Useful Post:
Hello,

On the scorpion or scorpion_windy (z3 tablet compact)?
Thanks for your reply

Sailfish 3.0.0.8 working quite nicely on the scorpion tablet.

Available for OTA or new image update
So everything is working fine now? Camera? Video Playback? How about requesting an official support from the Jolla Team then!? :P Would love to use Sailfish OS on the Sony Z3 compact or generally a Tablet. But it should be officially supported, to solve bugs and get os updates by a download and click.

Great work you have done here, thanks so much, but please make it available to the Sailfish OS users out there, also to the ones like me, that have further IT knowledge, but are not a hacker.

Keep on sailing!

The Following User Says Thank You to Firefox84 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Firefox84 View Post
So everything is working fine now? Camera? Video Playback? How about requesting an official support from the Jolla Team then!? :P Would love to use Sailfish OS on the Sony Z3 compact or generally a Tablet. But it should be officially supported, to solve bugs and get os updates by a download and click.

Great work you have done here, thanks so much, but please make it available to the Sailfish OS users out there, also to the ones like me, that have further IT knowledge, but are not a hacker.

Keep on sailing!
Cameras don't really work, but that's not fixable. Video playback works just fine. I need to fix the GPS but otherwise everything else works as it should.

Jolla isn't going to offer 'official support' so I wouldn't be holding your breath for that.

The Following User Says Thank You to r0kk3rz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 411 | Thanked: 1,105 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Europe
@r0kk3rz: I assume that i used your install instructions linked in the second post but i am lost regarding a key combination to boot into TWRP recovery. Power button + volume up gives me short vibrations, a blue led and fastboot mode but what about recovery? Or did i used a different installation method as an alpha tester?

Thanks.

The Following User Says Thank You to BluesLee For This Useful Post: