Hey Renkon.
Thanks for the info.
Please tell us further: where could we find the universities keychain. What is the function of this keychain?
And where could I import the certificates from? The university doesn't provide any. I checked this with the guy at computer support.

Posts: 86 | Thanked: 28 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ That beer and prezels country in Europe -_-
Okay, strange. If your university does not provide any certificates, they just use the plain radius server.

Then only try to use the anonymous@... part and post if it works / don't. This is called your "Anonymous outer identity"

Hi, it just happens that I am using eduroam on both of my devices, N800 and N900 and it works, all I had to do is follow our guide of settings for windows (yeah strange but the same values) and than download eduroam certificate, not sure if *der or *cer format, so far it works on two different universities.

The Following User Says Thank You to lieronet For This Useful Post:
Can you please put your settings here? And a link to the certificates you use? Also please state which universities they worked at. Thank you!

we have eduroam here in Leeds for Leeds University. They usually have another unprotected server where you have to login with your university user name and password. It's for those that have problem with certificates. Ask around for it.

Posts: 86 | Thanked: 28 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ That beer and prezels country in Europe -_-
That won't help you, because the certificates are different for each university.
Basically it should be possible for me to log in at your university with my details from my university, because that's the "roam" part in "Eduroam".

I will post a screenshot of my settings later.

My university eduroam work fine, but it was hard to make it work.
As say in a previous post you need wlan tool, check allow ttls/pap.

after same as said with a minor change in my case:

Application Launcher -> Settings -> Connections -> New

- Select "next"
- Connection name could be "Eduroam" but it freely choosable
- Select "next"
- SSID is the Network ID of your wifi network (should be "eduroam")
Network Mode is "infrastructure"
Authentication Method is "WPA with EAP"
- Select "next"
- EAP-Type is TTLS
- Select "next"
- Certificate is usually not needed, but you need to make sure your certificate chain is complete. So if your university uses for example Telekom Root certificate it is included in PR1.2. If not, you have to install it (Download, click on it via File Manager)
- EAP Method is "EAP PAP" (now available thanks to wlantool)
- Select "next"
- Username is ... actually your username given by your network admin, same goes for password
- Select "next"
- Select "advanced"
- Select tab "EAP"
- Check the upper checkbox there
- Enter your identity in the textfield below
(login@your-university.edu for example)

- Select "save"
- try it

Hi, I was too lazy to upload it somwhere with thumbnails... so I made a set of screenshots of my settings, and my certificate, which is in other format than for pc... I had to request it from the network admin. And I was able to connect at other universities too TUKE and UPJS so far.

http://file.qip.ru/file/uH3new8E/eduroam.html the green button for download

Ignore certs worked for imp college and the uni i work at

Hi, i'm triying to set Eduroam in my N900 as well,

I have successfully installed PAP, configured, and connected to internet with eduroam. The problem is that i have to erase the connection every time i want to reconnect, if i try to reconnect a authentication error appears.

If i erase the connection and configure it again then it connects without problems. but reconnection doesn't work.

I have check also the osso/connectivity/IAP/cbaxxxx/gconf.xml and it list the password and username as MsChapv2 not as PAP, even that if i open the connection with the connection manager it shows it as PAP.

I'm connecting to UAH (Madrid, Spain) Eduroam network