Active Topics

Originally Posted by merpl View Post
Nice work tmlind, ty. Might try that if I end up filling the remaining 200MB.
Yeah that would be great if you have a chance. I just pushed updated 2017-12-20 image that has v3.0.8 kernel kexec wrapper script fixed so kexecboot can boot v3.0.8 kernels from the menu configuration.

The initramfs problem still remains, might work for current SafeStrap image if you have that installed.

Regards,

Tony

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tmlind For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by tmlind View Post
The initramfs problem still remains, might work for current SafeStrap image if you have that installed.
I can try to modify initramfs. In case of using kexecboot, as opposed to SafeStrap, what partitions are going to be used for /data and /system? The stock ones?

For anyone wishing to try in a separate SafeStrap slot, here is the new SailfishOS 2.1.3.7 build for Droid 4: http://sfos.scanf.su/maserati/sailfi....1.3.7-ota.zip

There were some issues with updated systemd due to old kernel, but otherwise I didn't find any new problems. If there are no major issues with this build, we could try to OTA update from 2.1.0.11, since the packages for port are now built on OBS.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TheKit For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by TheKit View Post
I can try to modify initramfs. In case of using kexecboot, as opposed to SafeStrap, what partitions are going to be used for /data and /system? The stock ones?
Hmm yeah good question. I guess those could be mounted based on what names are passed for those partitions in the kernel cmdline.

So maybe first check if mmcblk1p25 is vfat and has SafeStrap config and try to use that. Then if there is no SafeStrap config it should be safe to just use the "mmcparts" partitions passed in the kernel cmdline, right?

And for the rootfs the usual root=/dev/mmcblk1p25 would be nice to have working with the initramfs without having to use rootfs=/dev/ram0, you know just like the typical Linux distros do

Regards,

Tony

The Following User Says Thank You to tmlind For This Useful Post:
For anyone wishing to try in a separate SafeStrap slot, here is the new SailfishOS 2.1.3.7 build for Droid 4: http://sfos.scanf.su/maserati/sailfi....1.3.7-ota.zip
Hi, The Kit,

I've tried this in a virtual slot, and when trying to start for the first time, I just get a black screen (I left it a quite a while).
Is it still the same procedure to install this, i.e. flash the same CM, then flash the new version?

Thanks

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to moodroid For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by moodroid View Post
Hi, The Kit,

I've tried this in a virtual slot, and when trying to start for the first time, I just get a black screen (I left it a quite a while).
Is it still the same procedure to install this, i.e. flash the same CM, then flash the new version?

Thanks
The procedure is the same. Is it still black screen after force-rebooting?

The Following User Says Thank You to TheKit For This Useful Post:
The procedure is the same. Is it still black screen after force-rebooting?
Yes, it was, sorry.

The Following User Says Thank You to moodroid For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by tmlind View Post
Hmm yeah good question. I guess those could be mounted based on what names are passed for those partitions in the kernel cmdline.

So maybe first check if mmcblk1p25 is vfat and has SafeStrap config and try to use that. Then if there is no SafeStrap config it should be safe to just use the "mmcparts" partitions passed in the kernel cmdline, right?

And for the rootfs the usual root=/dev/mmcblk1p25 would be nice to have working with the initramfs without having to use rootfs=/dev/ram0, you know just like the typical Linux distros do

Regards,

Tony
Am I correct to assume root=/dev/ram0 is unneeded for initramfs? If yes, this can be used to detect SafeStrap installs before mounting mmcblk1p25. Tried to implement this in initramfs: https://github.com/NotKit/hybris-boo...a41559efa0187e

However I cheated and introduced "data_partition=" and "system_partition=" parameters to mount /data and /system, since initramfs executes before starting udev and doesn't have "named" partition blockdevices created. "mmcparts" could be probably parsed manually for that, but I'm not sure how to do that properly in shell script.

The Following User Says Thank You to TheKit For This Useful Post:
Hi, The Kit,

Thanks
I had the same issue, but flashing CM11,Sailfish 2.1.0 and Sailfish 2.1.3 in that order fixed it.

On that note, I can boot, but Wi-Fi does not work. I get a "Networking is not available. Please restart device." error, no matter how many times I restarted.

Hi, The Kit,

Thanks
I had the same issue, but I found that installing all three zips at the same (CM11>Sailfish 2.1.0>Sailfish 2.1.3) in the recovery worked.

However, I'm having problems with WLAN. I receive the error message "Networking is not available. Please restart device." Restarting and doing a device reset did not fix the issue. The WLAN worked in the 2.1.0 image.

The Following User Says Thank You to Laucian For This Useful Post:
Am I correct to assume root=/dev/ram0 is unneeded for initramfs? If yes, this can be used to detect SafeStrap installs before mounting mmcblk1p25. Tried to implement this in initramfs: https://github.com/NotKit/hybris-boo...a41559efa0187e
Yeah root=/dev/ram0 should not be needed but you need to get rid of the CONFIG_CMDLINE_FORCE=y Kconfig option.

And I just pushed out 2018-01-15 droid4-kexecboot image that now can kexec boot SafeStrap installed v3.0.8 images so that should make things easier too.

The Following User Says Thank You to tmlind For This Useful Post:

Tags
droid, hwkbd, sailfish os, xt894