Posts: 122 | Thanked: 34 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Eastern Ontario, Canada
When I was shopping for something a little bigger than my Palm units I looked at 10" tablets like "Kiosk" and a few others. I later tuned into a few new releases in the 5" inch screen sizing. Most were Windows Mobile, which was not my preference yet did show 'some' promise re: a better screen size for all day use.

example: http://www.mobiletechreview.com/note...jitsu-U810.htm

Interesting they call it a U810 for the U.S. product! Hmmmm? 810??

Their one key comment next to the picture was: The Fujitsu U810, a just barely touch-typeable belly-top computer.

This was often the case. A few good features and more than a few difficiencies. (more crap qwerty keyboard issues!!!)

My notion now, is that the N800 screen size is just fine. The double SDhc idea was excellent. All the other key features are there. ie bluetooth2, micro-usb out, wi-fi on the fly. They just need to hone the features and apps over time and not so quickly run to the N900 and the next and the next. I know that happens anyway, but the platform needs decent time to mature. I am very impressed with N800 and I hope they move quickly past the software glitches and obstacles. iPhone is not 'that' great to me and I AM a Mac user. I notice more friends are buying iTouches instead, which to me is a small version/copy of a tablet(N800) for a lot more money.

Everything is in place for this style and size of the Nseries to excel. The rest becomes mostly software issues, the hardware is sufficient. The size is perfect to me. Its just like a classic 'Day Timer'. (smaller than a Newton, bigger than a Palm)

Like the poster above(Waz), I have been furious a few times with the whole management or lack of it regarding the software and updates etc etc, but I must say I am more happy to be working on something completely new and NOT Windows and NOT Apple.
The interface is decent and classy, now we need stability and less geek-only programs. The kind that if you stand on your head and code this in root and source that little tiny 'lib' from somewhere not here, ya might be able to stream something or control servers from a hundred miles away. lol
Good apps and easy configs is my point. Heck we have how many excellent media programs?
Why would anyone go to Apple for the i 'whatever'? I say, only because Apple is fairly bomb proof with their system functioning. Otherwise I was not impressed with the iPhone I saw. Just Too simple with a few funky 'transitions'(animations) and again too small a screen for real full time use.

10' tablet? Not necessary in my view......at this time.