Hi,

my Hobbies are photograph and video film

Now I would like to buy a mobile memory - The selection cost 650 € (80 GB)

My Question:
  • Would be also a solution with my Nokia N770 or N800 possible ???
Thanks in advance

Frank

the necessary formats are:
  • photograph = RAW & JPEG
  • Video Film = MPEG4

Last edited by frank.wagner; 2007-05-04 at 05:08.

Posts: 355 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Helsinki, Finland
I carry some photos and vids on my N800 but the problem is capacity. It has no where near the capacity that you will need if shooting in RAW. I could be incorrect however, but I do not think this is what you need.

Hi,

is the USB host mode (N770) not the right solution for an external Storage ???
  • Has Thoughtfix's run such a thing ?

Last edited by frank.wagner; 2007-05-04 at 08:51.

Could be, and I am not sure. There are some here that could probably tell you for sure. If it will work, I am selling my N800 and maybe we could make a deal. Are you in Europe?

Hi sapporobaby,

I am selling my N800 and maybe we could make a dea
  • i have an Nokia 770 and an Nokia N800

You can never have enough N800's.

someone knows Syncbox II ???

Transferring data between two USB devices almost always requires a computer in the middle. This isn't convenient when you filled up your camera's Compact Flash card while you're on an outing and you want to take more photos without deleting any of the memories you already captured. Or if you need to share a file on a keychain drive, but don't want to transfer it to a PC first. When you don't want to deal with transferring files across a computer, Syncbox II will do the job for most file transfer needs. To transfer a file, connect two USB devices to the Syncbox, select individual files for transfer and move the files between devices. File browsing is performed on a monochrome screen, which is more than functional for a quick transfer between a camera and a keychain drive or transferring songs between two USB connected portable music players. The Syncbox II could act as a transfer agent between two USB hard drives, although you might drain the three AAA batteries quickly. At 4 ounces and 2.3x3.4x0.9 inches Syncbox II easily fits in a pocket, purse or camera bag waiting for the moment when data transfer becomes necessary. If you don't need the screen and just want to do a mass transfer of files, there's the original Syncbox, which also connects USB devices for quick transfer.

Last edited by frank.wagner; 2007-05-04 at 08:29.

One thing I do sometimes is to use my iPod as a storage device. I have a normal 5.5G and a broken (screen only) 4G with a 40 gig hd. I use the camera adapter and transfer the images from my cam to the iPod then back to my Mac once I am home.