Posts: 1,335 | Thanked: 3,931 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Brittany, France
Originally Posted by godofwar424 View Post
UPDATE: Sculpteo breaks my model and does not let me stop it from trying to repair it..
Crap. What about Materialise?

I'm sorry I can't figure out how to access to Shapeways.com. I did some Googling but found nothing relevant, and I keep trying to understand why I have the problem from different connexions and different devices while everybody else can access the website. :/

[Edit] For French people interested in an AZERTY NUU Minikey, I just found it for only 20€. I think it's a real bargain, even if nothing's done yet to make it really useable with the N9, it's really cheap and worth try it. I'm ordering mine right now. The good news is that even the AZERTY version has four arrow keys, unlike the N900. The other good news is that it looks like the flashlight will not be covered by the keyboard when slid out, of course it will require piercing a hole in the plate binding the keyboard to the housing. Perhaps even the camera could be useable, as it looks like the keyboard goes further than half-way when slid out. You'll find it here: http://www.grosbill.com/4-x-136210-x-xx

Last edited by Kabouik; 2012-06-25 at 02:43.

not useful camera is useless now :/

Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Originally Posted by eltoffer View Post
I made a hole in it, so the camera just works if you slide out the keyboard.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to HtheB For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by eltoffer View Post
Do what was suggested, or remove the device, it isn't that hard..

N900 Died Replaced with N8, Requested E7, "Accidentally Broke E7", Now rolling with an N9 and im loving it!

My Contributions

N900 Conversations Wiki Page

The Following User Says Thank You to godofwar424 For This Useful Post:
I have sorted out Sculpteo!

http://www.sculpteo.com/en/design/nu...-n9-4/RvwLdWwH

Also as for the camera on the NUU MiniKey, it won't work just by cutting my bracket, the metal bracket of the Nuu itself covers the camera and flash

Need to cut into that metal part as well!

N900 Died Replaced with N8, Requested E7, "Accidentally Broke E7", Now rolling with an N9 and im loving it!

My Contributions

Last edited by godofwar424; 2012-06-26 at 22:23.

Yes I was meaning too that both the housing and the keyboard sliding plate have to be pierced for the camera. Doable easily with some Dremel work I guess. It should work as the keyboard might not cover the camera when open (nor appear on the bottom side of the pictures).

Originally Posted by godofwar424 View Post
I have sorted out Sculpteo!

http://www.sculpteo.com/en/design/nu...-n9-1/5NUeiix9

Also as for the camera on the NUU MiniKey, it won't work just by cutting my bracket, the metal bracket of the Nuu itself covers the camera and flash

Need to cut into that metal part as well!
Great, thank you very much! The price is great, it was US 48$ on Shapeways if I remember well. The "Solidity check" option on Sculpteo is worrying though.

I hope it will not make swiping too difficult. I just thought of NFC too. I've done some tests here with the default silicon housing plus some paper (different thickness), and the NFC becomes ineffective with only a very small barrier of paper. HtheB, would you have some feedback with your actual "N955": does the NFC still works with housing + keyboard sliding part?

By the way I ordered my NUU Minikey so I'm going to order one of your brackets too Godofwar424. I know this is a prototype, but for future versions after first tests, I keep thinking that the two long sides on the front face (screen face, opposed to the face attaching the keyboard) should be rounded on the external side to avoid 90° angles that will be agressive to pockets and difficult to hold while calling. The four sharp vertices on the keyboard side may also be an issue, but let's see if they stick out from the keyboard or not.

Is the hole on the bottom right there on purpose? Not a big deal anyway. Great job and thanks for this first prototype, again.

Last edited by Kabouik; 2012-06-26 at 13:15.

The Following User Says Thank You to Kabouik For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Kabouik View Post
Yes I was meaning too that both the housing and the keyboard sliding plate have to be pierced for the camera. Doable easily with some Dremel work I guess. It should work as the keyboard might not cover the camera when open (nor appear on the bottom side of the pictures).

Great, thank you very much! The price is great, it was US 48$ on Shapeways if I remember well. The "Solidity check" option on Sculpteo is worrying though.

I hope it will not make swiping too difficult. I just thought of NFC too. I've done some tests here with the default silicon housing plus some paper (different thickness), and the NFC becomes ineffective with only a very small barrier of paper. HtheB, would you have some feedback with your actual "N955": does the NFC still works with housing + keyboard sliding part?

By the way I ordered my NUU Minikey so I'm going to order one of your brackets too Godofwar424. I know this is a prototype, but for future versions after first tests, I keep thinking that the two long sides on the front face (screen face, opposed to the face attaching the keyboard) should be rounded on the external side to avoid 90° angles that will be agressive to pockets and difficult to hold while calling. The four sharp vertices on the keyboard side may also be an issue, but let's see if they stick out from the keyboard or not.

Is the hole on the bottom right there on purpose? Not a big deal anyway. Great job and thanks for this first prototype, again.
The hole is going to be fixed soon, let me know your feedback please on the solidity of it and everything, ignore the solidity checker, we don't want it too solid and itd be impossible to flex the device in and get a nice hold :P

Also the corner ARE rounded slightly, its just not noticeable unless you actually have the bracket

FIXED! Heres the latest link

My Contributions

Last edited by godofwar424; 2012-06-26 at 22:23.

Originally Posted by Kabouik View Post

If you ordered it before I fixed it, PLEASE CANCEL YOUR ORDER!

The dimensions are beyond wrong, the product you recieve is gonna be the size of a keychain! :P

My bad! Completely fixed on this version!

Thats why the solidity check was so bad as well! If you check it now, its all green.

Turns out that's also why it was initially so cheap :/

Sorry guys

My Contributions

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to godofwar424 For This Useful Post:
OTOH, having miniature of keyboard holder could be amusing - especially, if someone would add miniature of N9 to it
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
I have not ordered one yet, I will be moving in a few days and could not receive the parcel, nor take time to try it and make a review. I will wait to come back, but to be honest à US 90$ I'm not sure I can be the one that will make the test. I mean, I'll surely buy a unit if it works well, even if it is expensive, but I can't afford buying one at this price without being sure. At US 5$ it was not really a problem purchasing a prototype without being sure it would work, of course.

The price was half lower on Shapeways, right? Maybe you could reupload the updated version and order one unit to check everything works fine? In case you share the model file at some point (not sure this is your plan, but just in case), then I think I would prefer a later version with possible improvements from the results of the first tests and feedbacks. Again, if it was cheap (~30$ or possibly a little bit more), I wouldn't care buying early prototypes and I would actually be really happy to help on this project, but at 90$, I can't, and it wouldn't be wise.

Be careful with the last version you updated: the solidity checker still highlights a weak point at the bottom right, where the hole was. There is still an issue there apparently (solidity by itself is not really a problem I think, but they state that weak points may be impossible to print, so it is worth checking).

I noticed on the previous version that it was tiny, but it was possible to change the dimensions on the right tab (without altering the price, I was skeptical but, hey, "surprising but good news" you know...), so I thought I just messed up with the mouse wheel or something like that, and would have to put in the correct dimensions.

Last edited by Kabouik; 2012-06-27 at 02:15.

Tags
nokia n955