Originally Posted by qu3 View Post
Nope. I am currently using Windows. Unfortunately, I have never used a Linux-based OS in my life before. How can I make the extra mounted devices visible in Windows?
Oh, man, it would be so painful for you without any *nix experience... how about you install some Linux in a VM first and learn a few basics?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ggabriel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 10 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Dec 2013 @ Malaysia
Originally Posted by ggabriel View Post
Oh, man, it would be so painful for you without any *nix experience... how about you install some Linux in a VM first and learn a few basics?
Actually, I have thought about that. But I am not sure of which Linux OS should I use.

Thank you for your help.

Last edited by qu3; 2013-12-11 at 14:22.

Posts: 10 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ Netherlands
Actually, I have thought about that. But I am not sure of which Linux OS should I use.
You should download Ubuntu 12.04 desktop.
And run it in a virtual box envoirment.

Windows is not going to fix your issue right now...

The Following User Says Thank You to RXShorty For This Useful Post:
Been running Sailfish on my n9 for 2 days now and I have to say that I'm very impressed how well it already works. I'm looking forward for a fully working port! Good job!

Although I have one little problem I cant solve myself. I cant login to a Jolla account. I know I have one and it should be verified. But while I try to login to it through accounts or store, it gives just a login problem message telling me to skip or try again. Does anyone have any idea why is this happening? And is there any way to install apps yet?

Posts: 10 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Dec 2013 @ Malaysia
Originally Posted by RXShorty View Post
You should download Ubuntu 12.04 desktop.
And run it in a virtual box envoirment.

Windows is not going to fix your issue right now...
OK. I will try it out. Thanks for helping me.

Posts: 10 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ Netherlands
OK. I will try it out. Thanks for helping me.
Not a problem... I have tried it from a Windows machine after I succesfully did it on my Ubuntu system.
Windows failed, couldn't fix all steps.

Good luck!

The Following User Says Thank You to RXShorty For This Useful Post:
Posts: 896 | Thanked: 978 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Greece, Athens
Originally Posted by jklubi View Post
Well i like both the N9 and the N900, but i think they have outlived their usefulness.
The target now should be on Nexus 4 and Nexus 7, even Ubuntu is using that as the basis.
Don't forget the GNexus as well : )

Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
All Sailfish images use Wayland, you cannot do it without
Thanks! I thought that some how it was still using X. Glad that it is not the case, although I thought that the speed would be better in N9 using wayland.

Also, is very body getting a correct reading of the battery levels? Mine is sitting in 87% forever. Yesterday I completely depleted my N9's battery and almost couldn't charge it. Had to use flasher and cold boot option to charge it to 10% to get it started. Plugging in the charger didn't work (i think it has something to do with ubiboot)

Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by danielcbit View Post
Also, is very body getting a correct reading of the battery levels? Mine is sitting in 87% forever. Yesterday I completely depleted my N9's battery and almost couldn't charge it. Had to use flasher and cold boot option to charge it to 10% to get it started. Plugging in the charger didn't work (i think it has something to do with ubiboot)
There are problems if you let your battery run dry, particulary with ubiboot since currently ubiboot 0.3.5 does not support BME that provides the charging algorithm. You need to boot past ubiboot to another OS, for example Harmattan that can charge the battery properly.

The same goes with Nemo/Sailfish, though, it has a working BME implementation so it should well be able to charge the device.
You propably have some configuration problem on your device if the battery meter does not read correctly and charging does not work.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
There are problems if you let your battery run dry, particulary with ubiboot since currently ubiboot 0.3.5 does not support BME that provides the charging algorithm. You need to boot past ubiboot to another OS, for example Harmattan that can charge the battery properly.

The same goes with Nemo/Sailfish, though, it has a working BME implementation so it should well be able to charge the device.
You propably have some configuration problem on your device if the battery meter does not read correctly and charging does not work.
Ok, I'll take a look on that!

But first I need to get root access in Sailfish. I have vgrade-sailfish_r2.tar.bz2 installed right now. Which is the best way to get access? I enabled developer-mode but I can't get the usb0 interface to show up on my machine (Harmattan's developer mode works tough)
Also, which is the default password for logging in Sailfish's terminal?

Thanks!

Edit
------
su and then nemo or devel-su and nemo does not work under sailfish's terminal.

Edit 2
------

Isn't this missing in the .ks file? https://github.com/deztructor/contex...attery-n950-n9

Last edited by danielcbit; 2013-12-11 at 15:39.

Tags
jolla, nokia, sailfish