Posts: 304 | Thanked: 32 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ somewhere in the far south
Hi everybody...I am waiting for my N800 to arrive ..but have my first, dumb question: Is there any application (finished or under construction) that can allow to listen internet radio streams based on WM? Because I understand that right out of the box, such listening isnīt possible, just real audio and mp3 based radios. Thanks in advance.

Posts: 193 | Thanked: 41 times | Joined on Jan 2007 @ Paia, Maui, Hawaii
Originally Posted by akd View Post
Hi everybody...I am waiting for my N800 to arrive ..but have my first, dumb question: Is there any application (finished or under construction) that can allow to listen internet radio streams based on WM? Because I understand that right out of the box, such listening isnīt possible, just real audio and mp3 based radios. Thanks in advance.
You will need to install MPlayer and the enhanced GUI front end KMPlayer.
Then you can - bitrate/n800 cpu permitting - play windows radio and tv stations e.g.:
radio -BBC Word Service:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/worldservice/me...fent_au_nb.asx

tv - Canal 13 out of Chile:
mms://streaming.entelchile.net/canal13

Just paste the above URLs into KMPlayer.

Have fun with your n800 when it arrives!

[PS: as a suggestion use a more specific thread title to get more responses (after having done a forum search on the subject first)]

Posts: 37 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ London, UK
The only dumb questions, are the ones you don't ask

Posts: 304 | Thanked: 32 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ somewhere in the far south
Thanks for your answers and tips...that's why I like to try gadgets over and over, because you learn more and more, thatīs the funny part. Thanks again!