Notices

Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
Ok... I've been using Kagu for a while now... but I have one potentially stupid question. How do I just instantly play one track instead of building a playlist?

It has to be possible, but my searching is coming up zero.
If the playlist is empty, just double tap a song and it will be added to the playlist and playback will start automatically. If your playlist isn't empty, you can use the "delete/clear playlist" icon to clear the playlist first.

Originally Posted by ClockworkCar View Post
Hi Trevarthan. I had a quick look at the open tickets, but couldn't spot this - please please please could you open one for sorting the albums numerically by year from the ID tag?

Here's hoping for v1.1.0
No problem.
http://kagumedia.com/projects/kagu/ticket/150

Posts: 38 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Fylde Coast
Originally Posted by trevarthan View Post
No problem.
http://kagumedia.com/projects/kagu/ticket/150
Thanks. It will be great to have all my Beatles & Pink Floyd (et al) discographies displayed in release order

Yeah, basically you can't right now. We could add a preference item of course. Here, I made a ticket for that: http://kagumedia.com/projects/kagu/ticket/148

I think the reason why it hasn't been done yet is because there isn't a whole lot of interest in the functionality. Maybe someone will pick it up though. It should be really simple to implement now that we have a main menu.
This has been done, BTW. It'll be in the next release under the new "Settings" submenu.

This has been done, BTW. It'll be in the next release under the new "Settings" submenu.
Good news. Thanks. I'd be surprised if there aren't other users who, like myself, would prefer not to have their musical selections begin playing automatically the moment they add their first selection to the playlist.

Posts: 51 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Midwest
Wow its so weird, had tried to install Kagu for 2 weeks and was unsuccesful. Always missing something (repositories) and I cant find them. Im afraid to ask coz Ive been asking so much questions already on this forum. So I just played with Canola Guess what, I just read another thread saying maemo.org has a new download look, so I went and download/install Kagu. Whoa it worked and I was really surprise? I have no idea why it work now and not before (did i install the wrong version)? Its just weird, but Im glad I can now play with Kagu

I reccently reflashed my N800 and installed Kagu again but I cant get it to work anymore ;( If I try and play a song Kagu will shut down but the song will play (sometimes - Kagu will always shut down though). Any idea what I'm doing wrong

Posts: 70 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Milan - Italy
Try to launch kagu from xterm and read the error.
Read also the /var/log/syslog

I am having problems installing Kagu--seems libreadline4 is missing. Where/how can I download this lib? Thanks!

Originally Posted by cantona View Post
I reccently reflashed my N800 and installed Kagu again but I cant get it to work anymore ;( If I try and play a song Kagu will shut down but the song will play (sometimes - Kagu will always shut down though). Any idea what I'm doing wrong
Check the error log for kagu and post it here if it doesn't make any sense. I think you can find it in ~/MyDocs/kagu-lastcrash.log