i will reflash vanilla and firmware now , tried the database thing

Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
Originally Posted by Alecsandru View Post
i will reflash vanilla and firmware now , tried the database thing
Makes sense. Also make sure to not overclock after that (if you overclock at all)

720p video support on N900,SmartReflex on N900,Keyboard and mouse support on N900
Nothing is impossible - Stable thumb2 on n900

Community SSU developer
kernel-power developer and maintainer

this will be a one of those nights

@sup - it seems that community testing repo lacks some packages (I guess because of the migration). Cssu-thumb needs them, so you cannot install it right now (it seems). Hold on, I will make an announcement when everything is in place.

720p video support on N900,SmartReflex on N900,Keyboard and mouse support on N900

Community SSU developer

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by freemangordon View Post
@sup - it seems that community testing repo lacks some packages (I guess because of the migration). Cssu-thumb needs them, so you cannot install it right now (it seems). Hold on, I will make an announcement when everything is in place.
Ah, I see. I actually am on csthumb, I just wanted to upgrade (as there were lots of packages to upgrade). But I will wait now and see.

I actually got to a state when I upgraded everything but zlib1g, which still causes a reboot loop. Also, I still do not have installed mp-fremantle-community-pr as it pulls maemo-optify-runonce which results in the reboot (but not a reboot loop, I was mistaken about that) with the error code I posted a couple of posts back.
But I will see whether the updated and complete repository fixes this, I hope it will!

Originally Posted by sup View Post
Ah, I see. I actually am on csthumb, I just wanted to upgrade (as there were lots of packages to upgrade). But I will wait now and see.

I actually got to a state when I upgraded everything but zlib1g, which still causes a reboot loop. Also, I still do not have installed mp-fremantle-community-pr as it pulls maemo-optify-runonce which results in the reboot (but not a reboot loop, I was mistaken about that) with the error code I posted a couple of posts back.
But I will see whether the updated and complete repository fixes this, I hope it will!
hmm, make sure to install mp-fremantle-community-pr, as it pulls both correct zlib AND libxml. Also make sure to DISABLE cssu-devel repo.

Community SSU developer

The Following User Says Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
hmm, make sure to install mp-fremantle-community-pr, as it pulls both correct zlib AND libxml. Also make sure to DISABLE cssu-devel repo.
I do not have cssu-devel enabled (and I have never had - at least to my knowledge). I cannot install mp-fremantle-community-pr as it pulls maemo-optify-runonce which does not get installed because during instalation, it says:

Selecting previously deselected package maemo-optify-runonce.
(Reading database ... 39334 files and directories currently installed.)
Unpacking maemo-optify-runonce (from .../maemo-optify-runonce_0.10-32+0m5_all.deb) ...
dokill: can't find process to kill hildon-application-manager ()
dokill: can't find process to kill apt-worker ()

and then reboots, but after boot, maemo-optify-runonce is still not installed. I have done everything via command line, should I try to do it via HAM (is there a difference)?

Originally Posted by sup View Post
I do not have cssu-devel enabled (and I have never had - at least to my knowledge). I cannot install mp-fremantle-community-pr as it pulls maemo-optify-runonce which does not get installed because during instalation, it says:

Selecting previously deselected package maemo-optify-runonce.
(Reading database ... 39334 files and directories currently installed.)
Unpacking maemo-optify-runonce (from .../maemo-optify-runonce_0.10-32+0m5_all.deb) ...
dokill: can't find process to kill hildon-application-manager ()
dokill: can't find process to kill apt-worker ()

and then reboots, but after boot, maemo-optify-runonce is still not installed. I have done everything via command line, should I try to do it via HAM (is there a difference)?
Sure there is.

Community SSU developer

do you recomend kernel power51 or the 52 one bofore update to cssu

Sure there is.
I see. And what exactly? I installed csthumb using the gui method described in the first post (well, linked from there to the wiki), but then I just used to do apt-get update && apt-get upgrade. Is that not recommended (HAM is so slow and bothersome compared to apt-get).

Anyway, I tried to update using HAM and it offered me mp-fremantle-community-pr but it failed because of missing package maemo-optify-runonce which i could not find in HAM.

Tags
code size, dinosaurs, fmg ftw!, fmg.da.king, performance, thumb, thumb life