Originally Posted by scottuss View Post
Where did you see the demo video, perhaps the person that made the video could give you some pointers, no?
http://nokia-n900.com/flash-player-10-1-on-nokia-n900/

Posts: 1,148 | Thanked: 613 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Toronto
Originally Posted by cmsjkung View Post
I buy N900 because N900 got a good web browse and I saw a demo video showing N900 play flash video using flash player 10.1 a few months ago.....

I really want refund now......
Sorry no refunds final sale only yep just like in a cheap Chinese store

"I'm a N900 user, can I haz Flash 10 plz?!11!?" © Jaffa

Elopocalypse started on 11.02.2011

Wish it was updated, can no longer view videos posted on facebook

Posts: 3,319 | Thanked: 5,610 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by woodyear99 View Post
Wish it was updated, can no longer view videos posted on facebook
Until facebook really starts using Flash 10 features, you can use TweakFlashVer to work around this issue (use the 10.0.45 recommended version to get facebook to cooperate)

Thanks, did not see that when I did a search for Flash in the forums.

Well I tried flash 10.1 on NITdroid... weak... really really weak is all I can say. Maybe it doesn't run at it's full potential even though I ran it with full hardware acceleration on the froyo based version.

Bottom line flash 10.1 clearly states minimum 800 mhz, I don't know if overclocking is yet possible (in NITdroid).

On the other hand, trying android... well it's not an experience as good as I expected. The OS is heavy button dependent compared with N900 that is almost fully touch operated.

I suggest everyone thinking of android, trying NITdroid first. Either now or wait for an easier install method. It's worth it and it will give you a really good idea about android...

The Following User Says Thank You to Bec For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 206 | Thanked: 118 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Vancouver
Since gpu acceleration support on NITDroid is currently basic, it would be very foolish to use that as a yardstick for performance. A much better guage would be it's performance on the 2.2 Motorola Droid/Milestone as they use the same SOC as the n900.

Overclocking in NITDroid is possible, but instructions are not given becuase it's a good way to wreck your device if you don't know what you are doing.

That's a good thing though.

Speaking of NIT, don't you know some task managers? Holding a button is not only annoying but also inefficient.

I think of something that allows viewing running/paused apps and closing them. The recent thing totally confuses me. The internal app manager is decent but it's hard to reach and useless for multitasking.

So anything?

Posts: 1,141 | Thanked: 781 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Magical Unicorn Land
You saw a video of Flash running on N900, while they were talking about Flash 10.1. I don't think anyone ever says this N900 is running Flash 10.1. In fact the flash on your N900 works exactly the same as the flash on the N900 in this video... because it probably is the same

Originally Posted by stlpaul View Post
You saw a video of Flash running on N900, while they were talking about Flash 10.1. I don't think anyone ever says this N900 is running Flash 10.1. In fact the flash on your N900 works exactly the same as the flash on the N900 in this video... because it probably is the same
That's not the point. The video not running FP 10.1 on N900 is fine but promising that N900 will have FP 10.1 is not fine.

Tags
adobe, adobe flash, blahblah, flash, flash 10, flash 10.1, fremantle, future, idiotic thread, maemo, maemo 5, nokia, nokia fails, update