Posts: 951 | Thanked: 2,344 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ UK

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mariusmssj For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
I think the underdogs need to make more space in newspapers and blogs. Last year Marc had a Keynote so Jolla was mote "buzz" then...Mybe they should had a keynnote this year instead. Also ubuntu is also ZZzZZzz...

Ubuntu phones...Not as cool at The Edge...

http://www.zdnet.de/88185162/mwc-ers...3-vorgestellt/

Jolla

Tizen
What? Where? When?

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2014-02-25 at 18:51.

Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
More about Jolla at WMC from engadget

http://www.engadget.com/2014/02/25/j...artphone-mold/

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mscion For This Useful Post:
Posts: 307 | Thanked: 488 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ USA around Chicago
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post

Tizen
What? Where? When?
Tizen a clone of Android?

http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2014/...android-clone/

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
The best mobile device at MWC2014!

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

The Following User Says Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Samsung Galaxy Fit.... that seems uncomfortable to read when the "watch-face" is on top of your wrist.

Your wrist would be stationed a fair distance from your face when its aligned in landscape properly. Bringing the watch closer to the body means twisting your wrist which changes the orientation... now you've got a face that's too short to fit any words in and strangely long--forcing you to turn your head sideways.

No thanks.

But something stupid Samsung couldn't think about... because let's face it, they are stupid.... is wearing the watch on backwards. Its not the traditional way, but watch enthusiasts will often change the side of the wrist the watch will face to add variety to their accessory.

Now if the Fit was worn on the (palm-side) wrist the user would have to do a simple twist of the hand and the watch-face will be aligned in proper landscape mode. The good thing about this is... you can then comfortably pull back your arm to bring the watch closer to your face.

Problem solved.

Obviously square watches don't have this problem, but due to their shape they have to be smaller and have much smaller left-to-right area meaning letters/words become smaller too.
A long watch that is landscape in traditional way will however block large portions of your forearm and hand... its more like a gauntlet at this stage. While it will be easy to look at, it will be uncomfortable to use.

I'm flattered