Active Topics

I'm starting to accumulate flash games on the tablet, for those offline moments. Each time I want to play a flash file, game or otherwise, I need to navigate to the file via file manager and click to start. It would be convenient to have a simple front end along the lines of Eolsoft's flash movie player or the Riva flv player (both for windows). Granted the browser can open flash files directly, but a simple gui that tunneled directly to the flash games folder would be sweet.

The Following User Says Thank You to bfleury For This Useful Post:
Posts: 14 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Aug 2006 @ Monroe, La
How about a bookmark to the folder you have your flash games stored in?

Open the browser with the bookmark, and pick your game from the file list?

-r2

The Following User Says Thank You to r2d2rogers For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,397 | Thanked: 1,212 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Netherlands
Use MIME to let e.g. MPlayer open the *.flv (or *.swf).

Same problem, navigating to my external card, drilling down through the directory structure etc...then coping with mplayer's power drain and sometimes wonky behavior. Ditto for using bookmarks in the browser. Launching the browser activates the internet connection, which I then have to shut down to minimize power drain etc etc etc...wasted keystrokes, wasted battery life - just to play an flv file. With flash so central to the tablet's success, a stripped down gui whose sole purpose is to play flash files offline from a preset directory, with minimal power consumption, would be a most useful app.

Posts: 3,397 | Thanked: 1,212 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Netherlands
You can use MyTube to manage your Youtube downloaded videos. I think its also in Diablo extras repository.

I find it pretty convenient.

Maybe it also works with games? Or it can be modified for such?