Notices

Posts: 251 | Thanked: 131 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ USA
Originally Posted by epage View Post
It does take forever to load the contacts, but in my TheOneRing work, I've sped that up. Eventually I'll need to update Dialcentral with that speed up to (and add import capability to Dialcentral so you can add CSV contact lists without using the command line)
Integration with the built-in contacts manager would be good too, but it sort of seems that TheOneRing will take care of that.

Are you still going to maintain DialCentral after you finish TheOneRing?

-jkq
Agro ... : [***-------] Relic(s) : N900

Posts: 1,684 | Thanked: 1,562 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Austin, TX
Originally Posted by jkq View Post
Integration with the built-in contacts manager would be good too, but it sort of seems that TheOneRing will take care of that.

Are you still going to maintain DialCentral after you finish TheOneRing?

-jkq
Yes. The level of maintenance? it depends.

If I am able to get The One RIng working on Maemo 4.1, then things will be peachy. If not, Dialcentral will need a higher level of maintenance as long as the community is still strong there.

Overall I think Dialcentral has some uses still but if people ask me to improve the texting to be more IM like, I'll reject those and point them to The One Ring.

I tried to integrate with the system contacts at one time. Unfortunately, whatever I did worked with Evolution on the desktop but not Maemo 4.1. I haven't tried since (which Hermes provides some good examples related to that).

The Following User Says Thank You to epage For This Useful Post:
Posts: 124 | Thanked: 47 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Northern DFW
Epage:
Just a thought re: TheOneRing.
I'm not sure which parts you're planning to implement first, but might I suggest that the initial focus be on integration with the native Contacts application and dialing/sending sms? I'm not sure what plans are like in the rest of the world, but here I'd imagine that most n900 owners are on one of Tmobile's "Plus" plans with text and data, so they probably have unlimited texting (which can be forwarded from gvoice) and the builtin SIP client for Gizmo (so they can receive calls). Once the initial text is sent it's easy to continue the conversation using the builting Conversations application; the main problem is either making the call or sending the first text so that your gvoice CID is transmitted. Given unlimited sms messaging the ability to pull texts directly from Google Voice is a secondary concern, at least in my use case, and the current SIP client seems to be fine for Gizmo. A 'complete' version would be great (with support for the Gizmo account and texts directly from Google), but I think most users would be 90% satisfied just being able to initiate communication from the Contact list using their gvoice number.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to jiiv For This Useful Post:
T-Mobile Plus? I just went straight for T-Mobile Total Internet and do everything through GV

The Following User Says Thank You to epage For This Useful Post:
Posts: 23 | Thanked: 36 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ New York City
Searched and finally found it.
the one ring sounds very promising! I can't wait. http://theonering.garage.maemo.org/

In the meantime would it be possible for you to repost v. 1.0.8 somewhere?
Boot from MMC
Gpodder Cache on MMC
MTube Cache on MMC
Mugen 1800mAh Battery
Addesso USB rollup keyboard
Solio Solar Charger
Holux GPSlim GPS

N810
community SSU
Turbo Diablo
8GB external
Boot from Internal SD
Still no GPS Fix.

N900
Stock
32GB
Many Solar Chargers (Saved bacon during Sandy!)
Inland ProHT BT keyboard
What's this? A GPS Fix? Wowwwwwww

Originally Posted by sondjata View Post
In the meantime would it be possible for you to repost v. 1.0.8 somewhere?
I'm assuming Diablo from your signature
http://repository.maemo.org/extras/p...d/dialcentral/

I'd be curious if that works for you or if they just rolled out the change around the time you upgraded.

Thanks. I don't know if they did but as of this posting the error persists with 1.0.9-1.
Boot from MMC
Gpodder Cache on MMC
MTube Cache on MMC
Mugen 1800mAh Battery
Addesso USB rollup keyboard
Solio Solar Charger
Holux GPSlim GPS

N810
community SSU
Turbo Diablo
8GB external
Boot from Internal SD
Still no GPS Fix.

N900
Stock
32GB
Many Solar Chargers (Saved bacon during Sandy!)
Inland ProHT BT keyboard
What's this? A GPS Fix? Wowwwwwww

Now that I have a dataplan, I thought I might try Gizmo again in case my router was setup incorrectly. Unfortunately GIzmo is as broken for me now as it was a couple months ago, no out-bound calls work no matter the interface I use, all inbound calls are considered No Answer, and I doubt direct SIP calls would work.

So verified, I have no way to debug this or track any Google outages related to Gizmo.

EDIT: Could someone get me a log Gizmo log for 1.0.9-1 (Ctrl+l to copy it, paste it somewhere) either publicly, email, PM, whatever.

Last edited by epage; 2009-12-24 at 01:03.

Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
Originally Posted by epage View Post
EDIT: Could someone get me a log Gizmo log for 1.0.9-1 (Ctrl+l to copy it, paste it somewhere) either publicly, email, PM, whatever.
Well, I've PM'ed you a log with the "20 error".

The Following User Says Thank You to sjgadsby For This Useful Post: