Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate

I am in Chicago and the suburbs and I get nothing but great signal. While in my hand or otherwise I am getting very fast page loads and have not dropped any calls. I cant say that about my Phone 4S. I am on ATT and the 3.5 is in blue.

X-

The Following User Says Thank You to ifox For This Useful Post:
Posts: 135 | Thanked: 73 times | Joined on Sep 2011 @ San Fran
you need to wait, it takes a long time.

Originally Posted by F2thaK View Post
yes, waited..
Took me about 30 min after i hit the reset button, it will turn on and off for about 15 min and after that it will show a clockvise arrow for about 15 min and after that it will shut down.

And for the reception problem, it looks like a software issue or hardware issue for those who are having problems, because here in europe the operators are using the N9 as a reference phone for the strong antenna (there calling it the super antenna), when ALL other phones DROPS from 3g in weak signal spots e.g woods etc, the N9 STILL haves a strong signal, so if a reset doesent help I would return the device.

Los Angeles, California here on AT&T - nothing but great signal. I've gone deep into the computer labs here where most phones get no signal, but the N9 has 3 bars pretty consistently.

WiFi is a different matter and sometimes the signal seems to be a little weak, but I am comparing it to a Lenovo laptop with a more powerful antenna encased above the screen, so maybe that's it. I think improvements to WiFi reception are supposed to be part of PR 1.1 though.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
While driving around today, I experienced some bad coverage in areas I've always had great coverage. This was the first time I've seen this in a week.

Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate
Originally Posted by shamrock View Post
Took me about 30 min after i hit the reset button, it will turn on and off for about 15 min and after that it will show a clockvise arrow for about 15 min and after that it will shut down.
i left my N9 for over 40 mins and it didnt turn back on. when I turned it on manually it has been cleared though.

Posts: 14 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Los Angeles, CA
I have terrible reception in my house and drop calls constantly. I notice i get almost full bars if i hold the n9 upsidedown and by the four corners with my fingers. Obviously, this is an huge inconvenience in terms of usability in my home. To be fair, i always had low bars with the n900 but rarely dropped calls. It could be t-mobile's fault, as I have yet to try an at&t micro sim. BTW, i have a chinese 64gb n9 v10.2011.34-1_pr_005. I'm hoping it's a fix away by means of upcoming update.

Posts: 1,539 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ With my N9
I'm on T-mobile and can vouch for reception in many cities...
San Francisco - Great
Los Angeles - Great
San Diego - Great
Las Vegas - Great
New York - Great
Washington DC - Great
Orlando - Great
Miami - Great

I have no complaints about this phone, reception wise.

@everythingn9

Temporary Inception Fix

Times Banned from TMO: 4

Posts: 1,539 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ With my N9
Originally Posted by cohbashi84 View Post
I have terrible reception in my house and drop calls constantly. I notice i get almost full bars if i hold the n9 upsidedown and by the four corners with my fingers. Obviously, this is an huge inconvenience in terms of usability in my home. To be fair, i always had low bars with the n900 but rarely dropped calls. It could be t-mobile's fault, as I have yet to try an at&t micro sim. BTW, i have a chinese 64gb n9 v10.2011.34-1_pr_005. I'm hoping it's a fix away by means of upcoming update.
If you're in the hills yes... if you're in the city, then no the reception is awesome... In LA reception gets dodgy wherever in the hills you end up...

@everythingn9

Temporary Inception Fix

Times Banned from TMO: 4