Posts: 183 | Thanked: 98 times | Joined on Mar 2011 @ Brisbane, Australia
I can confirm I'm also having pairing problems.

I have a bluetooth mini keyboard that works fine on all other phones / devices. This n9 though, i will pair it, put in the passkey successfully, the N9 says its paired, but pressing the keys on the keyboard does nothing, and the bluetooth keyboard still says it hasn't been paired (blue light still flashing)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Storm_11 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 49 | Thanked: 28 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Switzerland
That is the same effect I have with mine at the moment. Hopefully, this will be fixed in a future firmware version.

Thanks pete_ for opening a bugreport for this!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Venty For This Useful Post:
Posts: 121 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ New York, US
Originally Posted by afaq View Post
Have every right to be upset, but as you said it is not at the Harmattan developers. Decision makers at the top are to blame. I too will use device for at least another 2 years but it certainly is my last Nokia device.
I think it's really pathetic!

Nokia has done this time and time again:
- not working on N810, scramble to make it work
- not working on N900, people made it work
- not working on N9 ?!

It's the same operating system for crying out loud! What? are they doing: rewriting everything every time ?! No wonder they are in trouble now.

We're talking about bluetooth here and not kernel stuff, just the linux distribution level.

If they cannot bring themselves to get this right, how are they going to compete with likes of Apple and Android ?! Oh, right, they can't! So they will use Windows ... I hope MS will give them the already customized OS otherwise Nokia will screw up that one too.

Pathetic!

works with this fix http://www.meegoexperts.com/2011/11/...h-keyboard-n9/

edit: step 7 should be hidd –-search

And if aegis gives you any trouble when trying to install try :

cd /home/user/MyDocs

then
dpkg -i bluez-test*

Last edited by Sniper_swe; 2011-11-01 at 20:03.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sniper_swe For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
Originally Posted by Sniper_swe View Post
works with this fix http://www.meegoexperts.com/2011/11/...h-keyboard-n9/

edit: step 7 should be hidd –-search

And if aegis gives you any trouble when trying to install try :

cd /home/user/MyDocs

then
dpkg -i bluez-test*
Hi. I tried to follow the steps here. While the N9 detects my btkb it does not respond to my typing on btkb. Also when i try hidd on n9 in terminal (both with and without root) it gives

sh: hidd: not found

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by mscion View Post
Hi. I tried to follow the steps here. While the N9 detects my btkb it does not respond to my typing on btkb. Also when i try hidd on n9 in terminal (both with and without root) it gives

sh: hidd: not found

Any ideas?

Thanks!
Original thread that is the source for that story is here:
http://forum.meego.com/showthread.php?t=4828&page=4
Sashz's OP was 31st of October, & updated 10th November.

Last edited by jalyst; 2012-01-09 at 15:14.

The Following User Says Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
Original thread that is the source for that story is here:
http://forum.meego.com/showthread.php?t=4828&page=4
Sashz's OP was 31st of October, & updated 10th November.
Thanks for this reference. I was able to pair an ultra mini keyboard made by spider with the N9 and, well, it worked! Numbers, letters, characters could be typed in terminal with the btkb. The tab didn't work, but, as I was reminded at the DMV a meeting this weekend, you can instead use "ctrl i", and, sure enough, I could complete path names (thanks cddiede!). The most important issue, (for now) is that if I swipe the vkb off the screen, I can no longer enter anything in terminal with the btkb. Is there a way to get around this? Perhaps, changing a setting in a config file so that text can be entered even if the vkb is not visible.

EDIT: I guess I'm a little slow here as I just noticed on Meego forum that rainisto has patched terminal to have option for toggling VKB on/off so that full terminal is available when using btkb. Hopefully these modifications will be made available!

Last edited by mscion; 2012-01-09 at 21:19.

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by mscion View Post
Thanks for this reference. I was able to pair an ultra mini keyboard made by spider with the N9 and, well, it worked! Numbers, letters, characters could be typed in terminal with the btkb. The tab didn't work, but, as I was reminded at the DMV a meeting this weekend, you can instead use "ctrl i", and, sure enough, I could complete path names (thanks cddiede!).
Nice, can you please share this keyb in the accessories thread? (see my sig).

The most important issue, (for now) is that if I swipe the vkb off the screen, I can no longer enter anything in terminal with the btkb. Is there a way to get around this? Perhaps, changing a setting in a config file so that text can be entered even if the vkb is not visible.
EDIT: I guess I'm a little slow here as I just noticed on Meego forum that rainisto has patched terminal to have option for toggling VKB on/off so that full terminal is available when using btkb. Hopefully these modifications will be made available!
LOL, yep I asked rainsto about that one in the other thread.

Posts: 405 | Thanked: 961 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ London, UK
Actually, I just found this on the Harmattan Bugzilla - it seems that bluetooth keyboard support is a not-officially-supported gconf setting that someone snuck in (akin to landscape homescreens):

Originally Posted by https://harmattan-bugs.nokia.com/show_bug.cgi?id=50#c1
gconftool-2 -s --type boolean /meegotouch/inputmethods/accessoryenabled TRUE
There are some glitches where vkbs have to stay open to avoid losing focus (it doesn't change the same flag as having the hwkb open on the N950 I guess)

n.b. haven't actually tried this myself, just reading bug reports!

The Following User Says Thank You to vitaminj For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
Nice, can you please share this keyb in the accessories thread? (see my sig).
After further testing I cannot fully recomend the ultraslim btkb at this point. While I can make characters like @,#,$,%,... which are made with the shift key + some number, for some reason, the key commands that depend on Fn + other key for making {,},[,],',",\, esc, and so forth do not work. Perhaps it is a problem with my unit.

However, the Magic-Pro BT-Touch2 will produce all these characters. It also has a touch pad. I think it is controlling the motion of a cursor on the N9 but it is not visible. For example if I tap on the touch pad when am looking at the application screen it does start up an app. I just can't control which app it starts up! It would be really cool if a cursor could be made functional. Further, if one could integtrate swipe on N9 with a swipe motion on the touch pad that would be awesome!

The Following User Says Thank You to mscion For This Useful Post: