Active Topics

Notices

I assume by 'timed' scrolling you're implying an automatic scroll. There is nothing in the preferences about automatic scrolling.

There is the ability to specify the delay between scrolls. That is, you can specify how fast the pages scroll when you push the page down button, and the speed lines scroll when you tap or push the d-pad.

Posts: 37 | Thanked: 19 times | Joined on Mar 2009 @ Scotland
Originally Posted by Karel Jansens View Post
At least FBreader's developer has had the common sense to give the user the choice (old style navbar can be set in preferences).
A Sho said, I was talking about having the os style scrollbar in place of the traditional nav bar. I already have the set the preferences back to the old style, but would be nice to have this in the os style.

Liking the tap to scroll/turn page, makes life easier on the n810, since the +/- buttons can be awkward to use depending on how you hold the IT while reading.

Posts: 37 | Thanked: 19 times | Joined on Mar 2009 @ Scotland
Just been updated again today;

FBReader 0.10.5 is released (March 20, 2009). Changes:

* The migration tool from version 0.8.* has been fixed. If you made an upgrade on your Internet Tablet or desktop computer from 0.8.* to this version, the first opening of your library will take some time. (About 2 minutes on Nokia 810 for my 400-book library.) Please, be patient, the second opening of the library will be as fast as usual.
* An FBReader freeze has been fixed.
* Several text selection related issues have been fixed.
* Desktop debian packages have been updated to avoid a conflict with a version in the standard Ubuntu 9.04 repository.

Posts: 76 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Friday Harbor, WA, USA
Un27Pee,

check out the 418 entries regarding autoscroll requests for fbreader ... http://www.google.com/search?ie=UTF-...CROLL+FBREADER

Developer hates autoscroll....
l8r

The Following User Says Thank You to Oberon85 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 251 | Thanked: 22 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Houston, Texas
Autoscroll is the *BEST* feature of MobiReader on my Nokia 9300b--you can tweak it up or down speed-wise as you go along.

I think that having to press a mechanical button to scroll just wears out the button and makes your finger sore. Maybe this is what is preferred by heavy game-players since they seem to have calluses on their thumbs? ;-v

Originally Posted by Oberon85 View Post
Un27Pee,

check out the 418 entries regarding autoscroll requests for fbreader ... http://www.google.com/search?ie=UTF-...CROLL+FBREADER

Developer hates autoscroll....
l8r
He can at least do it for those who find it helpful but thanks to him anyway for updating this useful app.

T3 - IT 810
Confidence is hard to gain easy to loose impossible to regain, Pee

Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
Originally Posted by Un27Pee View Post
He can at least do it for those who find it helpful but thanks to him anyway for updating this useful app.
Autoscroll can't be implemented cleanly with the current architecture. FBReader's portability is both a blessing and a curse, in this case, it prevents usable autoscrolling (here's a test, turn one full page and watch how long it takes to refresh the screen).

Whatever the developer does or does not think, FBReader + our hardware == no autoscrolling.

I hope the next device to be released with fremantle can handle autocrolling because ebooks are on the rise and it is a must have in 2009.

T3 - IT 810
Confidence is hard to gain easy to loose impossible to regain, Pee

Posts: 1,950 | Thanked: 1,174 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Seattle, USA
Originally Posted by rdcinhou View Post

I think that having to press a mechanical button to scroll just wears out the button and makes your finger sore.
You can just tap in the bottom third of the screen to go forward to the next page, buttonlessly.

Help Save This Forum
for N8x0/Diablo Users! Register and Vote for Solution #1 on this Brainstorm. (The Solution will let you see New Posts with any threads you choose -- like the N900 and Maemo5/Fremantle threads -- filtered out.) (To understand the Solution better, see these posts #17, #18, and #19.)

Originally Posted by GeneralAntilles View Post
Autoscroll can't be implemented cleanly with the current architecture. ... Whatever the developer does or does not think, FBReader + our hardware == no autoscrolling.
Sorry, but I think you are wrong. There is at least one vertical scroller shoot'em'up game for the tablets and it scrolls the whole screen just fine. What makes you think that the current hardware prevents auto-scrolling?