Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
anyone heard anything about aura for maemo. still working on, release date?. price included in the current licens?

http://feedback.sygic.com/forums/663...back.sygic.com

Posts: 2,361 | Thanked: 3,746 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Berlin - Love this city!!
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
anyone heard anything about aura for maemo. still working on, release date?. price included in the current licens?

http://feedback.sygic.com/forums/663...back.sygic.com
yes, they're still working on it. No release date and no price just yet.

The Following User Says Thank You to zehjotkah For This Useful Post:
I don't see india in that list... is it available for India as well?

Posts: 857 | Thanked: 1,206 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Chertsey in the Thames, United Kingdom
I used my Sygic navigation a couple of weekends ago for a journey from Bath to Frome. Despite saying I wanted the fastest route it took me down a single lane road which turned into a farm track. When after 5 miles of thsi I came across a main road it still refused to take me down it and was intent on sending me down an unamed single track road. In fact every time we used it it wanted to follow the most direct route, regardles of setting and regardless of the suitability of the roads to motorised traffic.

The fact that the app closed down for no reason too many times means I have completely lost faith in it and resorted to buying a satnav that does not assume i drive a tractor!

Also despite having te latest version the exit button is still on a second screen and still requires confirming. This makes shutting the application a right pain.

Shame, it started out so promising too

Posts: 961 | Thanked: 565 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Tyneside, North East England
Just bought the UK licence and traffic updates a couple of weeks ago for about £20 all in, and reasonably impressed so far.

It does seem to be quite processor intensive, but there is only a couple of niggles which irritate me.

I would be very interested to see Aura on the N900, and what the upgrade cost would be.

Nokia 770 (2gb) since Aug 2007
Nokia N800 (32gb) since Dec 2007
Nokia N810 (16gb) since Sep 2009
Nokia N900 (64gb) since Aug 2010 ______________________________

Posts: 752 | Thanked: 284 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Malaysia
Did they finally include APAC - Malaysia maps?

Originally Posted by bockersjv View Post
Despite saying I wanted the fastest route it took me down a single lane road which turned into a farm track.
Hi,

we are sorry you experience such issues. We are investigating the cause.

Thank you for reporting the problem.

Posts: 145 | Thanked: 44 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Sydney
Originally Posted by bockersjv View Post
I used my Sygic navigation a couple of weekends ago .....
The fact that the app closed down for no reason too many times means I have completely lost faith in it and resorted to buying a satnav that does not assume i drive a tractor!
lol ..... wicked

Posts: 844 | Thanked: 521 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ UK southampton
Originally Posted by SygicSupport View Post
Hi,

we are sorry you experience such issues. We are investigating the cause.

Thank you for reporting the problem.
Good to see you on the boards much appreciated. Do you have any further news on the Aura upgrade timescale/price ect.

Posts: 2,361 | Thanked: 3,746 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Berlin - Love this city!!
AURA is not an upgrade to SMM10 but a completely new application, afaik.

Tags
application, fremantle, gps, maemo, maemo 5, map, navigation, sygic, turn-by-turn