Active Topics

I've always preferred my xmodmap (in sig) to the one provided with deblet..

You could take a look at that. | is FN+> and ESC is FN+< .. Tab is FN+Backspace..

I dont know if Skeeps every took the fix for the Control Characters but if you are having those problems my xmodmap should fix those too (ctrl+c won't quit terminal commands, ctrl+c doesn't copy, etc.)
pyRadio - Pandora Radio on your N900, N810 or N800!

Posts: 1,671 | Thanked: 11,478 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Warsaw, Poland
fatalsaint: feel free to svn checkout http://trac.tspre.org/svn/deblet/trunk/packages/main/n810-slideout-kbd-xmodmap/ and upload a fixed package+source (dpkg-buildpackage), i don't have a n810 so can't test it myself..

Thanks fatalsaint, that xmodmap looks like it'll fix things.

Any idea what the LXDE startup script it called so I can get this to auto run on startup?

Originally Posted by qurgh View Post
Thanks fatalsaint, that xmodmap looks like it'll fix things.

Any idea what the LXDE startup script it called so I can get this to auto run on startup?
http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...6&postcount=19

Skeeps - Will do soon as I get some time. My blasted wife got me stuck reading the Eragon (Inheritance) series and thus I have done nothing but read books for over a week.

I so hate reading for this very reason....

Posts: 124 | Thanked: 47 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Northern DFW
Originally Posted by blueterrance View Post
Ok I'll give you that info sometime after I reboot. I set my root password during the install but now that I'm in LXDE it won't work when I try sudo or su.
I've noticed that Maemo will sometimes capitalize the first letter of the root password during installation. If yours started with a letter, try it in uppercase and see if it works.

Yes I'm pretty sure that's what happened to my root password.

Posts: 124 | Thanked: 47 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Northern DFW
OK. FYI, if you reset it from inside deblet it'll pay attention to whatever case you use, it's just the installer that gets confused sometimes.

K i'm also having some trouble trying to install deblet KDE-environment full version, I installed the .deb in the deblet project website, and used penguinbait's advanced install tool to get some partitions in my internet card in my N800. I got two ext3 partitions with a swap partition and a FAT partition, each 3GB *2 ext3 and 1.5GB for FAT 500 MB for SWAP. I installed the LXDE environment on one ext3 and works fine, except for a warning: fake invoice.d called doing nothing poping up now and then, but the deblet works fine. Now i'm trying to get KDE environment and this is what i run into. It keeps looping constantly.

E: Broken packages
Chroot command failed, repeating.: ['chroot', '/mnt/deblet', 'apt-get', '-d', 'install', '-y', '--force-yes', 'nit-env-keblet3-full']
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have
requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable
distribution that some required packages have not yet been created
or been moved out of Incoming.

Since you only requested a single operation it is extremely likely that
the package is simply not installable and a bug report against
that package should be filed.

The following information may help to resolve the situation:

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
nit-env-keblet3-full:
Depends: kicker-applets but it is not going to be installed
Depends: kate-plugins but it is not going to be installed
Depends: kdepin-kresources but it is not installable
Depends: unrar but it is not installable
Depends: kdenetwork but it is not going to be installed

Last edited by classik; 2008-10-30 at 02:23.

The Following User Says Thank You to classik For This Useful Post:
I'm thinking that is because it is trying to install the KDE4 kicker/kate/etc instead of the KDE3.

I was worried something like that might happen having KDE3 and KDE4 packages in the same repository..

Stskeeps - think you can put the keblet3 packages to your repo and not add mine until after it is loaded?? Either that or I'll have to make a separate KDE4-only repository.

Thanks for testing it Classik.

The Following User Says Thank You to fatalsaint For This Useful Post:
Posts: 607 | Thanked: 296 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Finland
About 2 days ago, i was so in love with my new deblet-lxde installation, then i done something stupid when i was playing with it. (i "accidentally" removed some directory, that contained important system-files)

And now, i am VERY frustrated, i have failed installing deblet 7 times in a row!

First: apt-get update failed, because of some random error
Second: Installation almost finished, then apt-get failed to install something.
3rd & 4th: It failed to install/remove or whatever it does with libfam0 or FAM anyway.
5th & 6th: Debootstrapping failed when extracting.
Edit: 7th: apt-get fails perl

All these tries, with release lenny, 7th tyr was with sid.

Before the 6th try i uninstalled deblet-installer, and ran apt-get autoremove, both with --purge option (even with the fact that i believe the problem is not in stskeeps installer), rebooted and installed deblet-installer and rebooted again. I always run deblet-installer from clean flash, because i use maemo cloned to internal memory for everything else.

Does anybody know what is wrong?

I believe it is possible that all i have had is bad luck...

Last edited by meizirkki; 2008-10-31 at 17:54. Reason: nothing

Tags
debian, deblet