When I bought my NIT secondhand, it already had Map on the application menu. I think this is the Wayfinder software.

I just want to use maps offline, since I have no GPS. But I can't figure out how to get the maps. When I click on Map>Maps, a dialog box opens, but all the choices are dimmed.

Also, there map folders on my internal drive (mmc2) that were not there before I started trying to run the map software. Not sure what to do with these.

Thanks for any tips.

Posts: 213 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Detroit, MI
GPS is not needed for the included 'Maps' software. However, if you go here you should be able to download the maps and use them offline. Use your PC to transfer.

Another suggestion would be Maemo Mapper. Initially you need to download the maps to your MMC/SD card but after that you can use your IT basically as a paper map. This method is more complicated.

The Following User Says Thank You to mooler For This Useful Post:
I see this is a tar file. I'm not savvy at all in linux.

What do I need to do to properly install this?

Is there middeleast map in wayfinder or maemo maper aplication or not. and is nokia n810 is available in middeleast or not. i cant find it in nokia shops. when it will be available here.

Thanks

If you are just looking for the free version of Wayfinder:
My advice is to uninstall the Map program and reinstall the latest version first. Downloading large maps via the tablet can be problematic.
Then visit http://www.navicoretech.com/Consumer...B/wfnavigator/
on your PC and move the files over to your internal card.

This is what I did, less headaches, no tar files.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sirfelix For This Useful Post:
Thank you so much for that link. I've been goign crazy trying to download the west usa map and i just wont go through. I couldn't find the download link in the site without having to put a registration code.

Thanks again!

Originally Posted by sirfelix View Post
If you are just looking for the free version of Wayfinder:
My advice is to uninstall the Map program and reinstall the latest version first. Downloading large maps via the tablet can be problematic.
Then visit http://www.navicoretech.com/Consumer...B/wfnavigator/
on your PC and move the files over to your internal card.

This is what I did, less headaches, no tar files.