those who updated their device, post your feedback here i want hear some good news lol im still waiting for mine

Posts: 345 | Thanked: 467 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Germany
The update basically worked. But now something with the nameserver is broken. My resolv.conf is empty and i can't resolve names although i do have basic ip connectivity. Need to investigate this ...

I'll keep documenting this here, just in case someone runs into the same issues. I have tracked this down to the point that udhcpc creates a resolv.conf in /tmp/resolv.conf.wlan0 whereas dnsmasq expects this file to be in /var/run. Copying the file manually fixes the problem.

Does anyone here know how the file is to be put into /var/run ? The first few lines of the file responsible for this look like this in my machine:

Code:
Nokia-N900-42-11:/etc/udhcpc# more /etc/udhcpc/libicd_network_ipv4.script
#!/bin/sh
# udhcpc script to use with OSSO ICd

RESOLV_CONF="/tmp/resolv.conf.$interface"
Is this file broken on my machine? Should this really read /tmp in that RESOLV_CONF line? Can someone confirm this?

Edit: Further down this thread you'll find the solution. Here's the short version:

The problem is due to the fact that i some time ago had vpnc installed. The vpnc installation modified the file /etc/udhcpc/libicd_network_ipv4.script (and left it in that state after i uninstalled vpnc). The update wants to update this file, but since it recognized it as not being the original version doesn't touch it. Instead the new version isbeing saved by the update under /etc/udhcpc/libicd_network_ipv4.script.dpkg-dist

So the solution is simple: get root (e.g. sudo gainroot) and do a "mv /etc/udhcpc/libicd_network_ipv4.script.dpkg-dist /etc/udhcpc/libicd_network_ipv4.script" to replace the old modified version with the one the update tried to install. After that everything is fine again.

This also means that you probably shouldn't install vpnc on updated machines before this has been sorted out.

Last edited by Master of Gizmo; 2010-01-15 at 08:24.

The Following User Says Thank You to Master of Gizmo For This Useful Post:
First problem i noticed is that my calendar is somewhat broken.

1. The Calendar Widget only displays january not the enties from feb. (could be related to 2.)
2. I have a entry on feb the first and in the calendar monthly view it will be shown with a marker if i click on the day the entry is missing.

i tried exporting and importing the calendar again but the buggy feb the first is still there.

This does not happen with the old firmware.

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
does this have Portrait mode yet?

No portrait mode yet.

Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate
sound is louder, browser has portrait mode support

jahaugum

Today , 04:46 PM
Posts: 6 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Trondheim, Norway

Tutorial: Make sure you have PR1.1 firmware. Press ctrl-shift-o . Then close your keyboard. Rotate your device into portrait, and then the browser should rotate into portrait mode too.

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to F2thaK For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,111 | Thanked: 1,985 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Åbo, Finland
Originally Posted by smurfy View Post
First problem i noticed is that my calendar is somewhat broken.

1. The Calendar Widget only displays january not the enties from feb. (could be related to 2.)
2. I have a entry on feb the first and in the calendar monthly view it will be shown with a marker if i click on the day the entry is missing.

i tried exporting and importing the calendar again but the buggy feb the first is still there.

This does not happen with the old firmware.
The widget only shows next 2 weeks. It was a bug that displayed some events far in the future before.
Agro ... : [----------] Relic(s) : N95, NGage, Tamyia Wild One

Try Tweed Suit for your hardcore twittering needs
http://twitter.com/mece66
I like my coffee black, like my metal.

The Following User Says Thank You to mece For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate
speakers are definitely louder and clearer>>

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
Still no FULL UI portrait mode. Still holding my breath lol

The Following User Says Thank You to maxximuscool For This Useful Post:
Ovi Maps properly tracks your position now when moving :-)

In previous version, you had to have routing active for the tracking to work.

The Following User Says Thank You to generationally For This Useful Post:

Tags
goodbye, sad sadavyk and messus