Posts: 676 | Thanked: 1,067 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Kyiv, Ukraine
I think acpid should be added as an optional dependency to n900-configs. Also AFAIU it's easy to add scripts (to /etc/acpi/events) for power and sleep buttons since they are supported. I've added "restart" to the power button action (in /etc/acpi/handler.sh) since shutdown is not yet properly working. Now, does anyone have the lines for sleep button? Searching for a "xset dpms force off" replacement in tty. vbetool?

Maybe we should copy powerbutton script from Ubuntu's acpid package?

Did you know that gpm somehow misses settings and the touchscreen is flipped in both directions for it?

Also I miss the ability to switch ttys... Any way to map it to volume buttons? (F7/F8)

Last edited by int_ua; 2013-01-29 at 12:56.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to int_ua For This Useful Post:
Since chroot from Maemo is working we can try to write the installer script. I'll try it later.
Since there are no libreoffice or openoffice I tried calligra suite in chroot but the keyboard is not working. But it's working fine in meld and leafpad so it must be something kde-related. After this kdeinit4 and dbus made the mountpoint busy. I,ve found kdeinit4_shutdown but what can we do with dbus?

Last edited by int_ua; 2013-01-29 at 12:59.

The Following User Says Thank You to int_ua For This Useful Post:
Posts: 204 | Thanked: 754 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Finland
Originally Posted by int_ua View Post
I think acpid should be added as an optional dependency to n900-configs. Also AFAIU it's easy to add scripts (to /etc/acpi/events) for power and sleep buttons since they are supported. I've added "restart" to the power button action (in /etc/acpi/handler.sh) since shutdown is not yet properly working.
I'll take that under consideration. I'll be completely reworking the packaging in near future, and I'm open to an idea of n900 specific config files, which could be possibly either packaged or available at our github page. For n900-configs or whatever the planned successor for it might be called, I'll stick with stuff required for core funtionality.

Searching for a "xset dpms force off" replacement in tty. vbetool?
/sys/class/backlight/acx565akm/bl_power
/sys/devices/platform/omapfb/graphics/fb?/blank
/sys/module/kernel/parameters/consoleblank

Did you know that gpm somehow misses settings and the touchscreen is flipped in both directions for it?
I don't use gpm, supposedly it's a configuration issue so it's up to user to work that out.

Also I miss the ability to switch ttys... Any way to map it to volume buttons? (F7/F8)
man chvt

Last edited by Skry; 2013-01-29 at 15:53.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Skry For This Useful Post:
Since chroot from Maemo is working we can try to write the installer script. I'll try it later.
Why would we need such a thing?

Since there are no libreoffice or openoffice I tried calligra suite
You can get the PKGBUILD for libreoffice (similar procedure for missing dependencies) with abs extra/libreoffice and create packages with makepkg, if you feel like it. If you do that, I can host the packages. This is based on assumption that libreoffice builds normally/easily under arm. It might be a better idea to stick with the usual, almost lightweight and close to no-nonsense choices, like abiword.

Last edited by Skry; 2013-01-29 at 17:13.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Skry For This Useful Post:
LibreOffice and it's dependencies builds normally on ARM.
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 22 | Thanked: 42 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Poland
I have a problem with internet connection. It connects fine( netcfg or wicd ) but after some time( varies from few seconds to several minutes ) it stops working( it doesn't ping anything, even other hosts on LAN network ) but it still says "Associated" in iwconfig and shows IP adress in ifconfig, in other words it still says that it's connected.
I'm connecting to a WPA secured wi-fi network.

Can it be a problem with drivers?

BTW: Great guide

Originally Posted by 3clch4pawlakov View Post
I have a problem with internet connection. It connects fine( netcfg or wicd ) but after some time( varies from few seconds to several minutes ) it stops working( it doesn't ping anything, even other hosts on LAN network ) but it still says "Associated" in iwconfig and shows IP adress in ifconfig, in other words it still says that it's connected.
I'm connecting to a WPA secured wi-fi network.

Can it be a problem with drivers?
There is one other user with similar problem, we haven't been able to figure out what is wrong with it, so yes, most likely some driver issue which happens only with certain routers/APs.

BTW: Great guide
Thank you

The Following User Says Thank You to Skry For This Useful Post:
Posts: 22 | Thanked: 42 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Poland
Are there any other drivers I can try?
Bleeding edge drivers for packet injection...? I'm just guessing.

I'm doing (probably the) final commit to 3.5 soon, I'll see if I can fit in more recent driver.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Skry For This Useful Post:
but after some time( varies from few seconds to several minutes ) it stops working( it doesn't ping anything, even other hosts on LAN network ) but it still says "Associated" in iwconfig and shows IP adress in ifconfig, in other words it still says that it's connected.
I have the same behaviour in Maemo at my friends' place. I'll try to find out router model next time.

The Following User Says Thank You to int_ua For This Useful Post: