Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
Hmm, and the phone is way bigger than the guy's hand... Maybe Jolla Tablet with a painted back?

The Following User Says Thank You to Bundyo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 343 | Thanked: 819 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Paris, France
I have an issue with Jolla C since yesterday:
- mobile data is always grey out
- if I put the sim in Jolla 1, it works
- if i switch from sim1 to sim2 in Jolla c, still does not work
- if i turn down the phone and remove the battery for a while (I believe there is a sort of memory attached to the sim), still grey out

I am running out of options. I am using Jolla C as main phone for couple of days and it originally worked flawlessly but now, no mobile data

Any pointers to help ?

The Following User Says Thank You to P@t For This Useful Post:
Posts: 752 | Thanked: 2,808 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by P@t View Post
I have an issue with Jolla C since yesterday:
- mobile data is always grey out
- if I put the sim in Jolla 1, it works
- if i switch from sim1 to sim2 in Jolla c, still does not work
- if i turn down the phone and remove the battery for a while (I believe there is a sort of memory attached to the sim), still grey out

I am running out of options. I am using Jolla C as main phone for couple of days and it originally worked flawlessly but now, no mobile data

Any pointers to help ?
I think I can help.

This thing occured to me on two types of events:
  • Randomly, mostly on 4G, following this bug (this had happened to me both on Jolla C and Jolla 1 in the past and it happens every few days now).
  • After sharing internet with the WiFi Hotspot (just last week on Jolla C, since I no longer have Jolla 1).

If it is the first type, then:
  1. Vote on the bug on TJC.
  2. Try switching the preferred connection to "Prefer 3G" or even 2G. This sometimes helps.
  3. If that doesn't help, you are likely out of luck, because the way this bug works, you cannot just fix it... It starts working again once it decides so
  4. Hope that Jolla fixes it soon.

If it is the second type, then it was (in my case) caused by this:
  1. I turned on WiFi Hotspot.
  2. I turned off mobile internet (could be also killed by lack of signal in some situations).
  3. I turned off WiFi Hotspot.

Then the mobile connection was greyed out and there was no way I could make it work (switching SIM cards didn't work, restarting didn't work, nothing did). So what I finally did was this:
  1. I turned on WiFi (important, it doesn't work without this step).
  2. I turned on WiFi Hotspot.
  3. The connection was established.
  4. I turned off WiFi Hotspot.

This finally fixed it for me... I should probably make a bug report, since it should be reproducible.

Last edited by nodevel; 2016-09-10 at 07:36.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to nodevel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 343 | Thanked: 819 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Paris, France
thanks,
I have played with /var/lib/ofono without success. I tried switching to 3G. I did not played with internet sharing...
I decided to try and reset the device to factory.
And now it works.
Hope it does not happen again

The Following User Says Thank You to P@t For This Useful Post:
Posts: 69 | Thanked: 195 times | Joined on Jan 2013 @ kerala
I had the same problem when i inserted a new sim. And it was solved by deleting those folders mentioned in the below post and re configuring the APN. I think just putting some other sim card in your phone might also help. Just try inserting another sim card , see if it gets connected to internet and then put your sim card back. I solved it by deleting the directory as shown in the below post

https://together.jolla.com/question/...cher-grey-out/

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to padmaraj.ravi For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
News from the Program.

C owners have been sent a 5-Step survey to fill out.
Jolla asks to not share the link, propably to have a defined sample group.
I figure it would be cool to share the questions non the less, but forgot to copy them while doing the survey and don't remember 5 minutes later :/ Maybe someone else will do?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
direct link :
http://hpics.li/873d96f
Attached Images

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to clovis86 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by padmaraj.ravi View Post
I had the same problem when i inserted a new sim. And it was solved by deleting those folders mentioned in the below post and re configuring the APN. I think just putting some other sim card in your phone might also help. Just try inserting another sim card , see if it gets connected to internet and then put your sim card back. I solved it by deleting the directory as shown in the below post

https://together.jolla.com/question/...cher-grey-out/
I had it when my provider changed and I switched SIMs - though I think it happened as the number ported. Not sure.

Anyway, I discovered that the value in the ril file was not pointing at the correct directory. The numbers are very similar, so I missed it the first couple of times I was looking (on the phone). It was more obvious when I ssh'd into it and compared on the computer monitor.

https://together.jolla.com/question/...ovider-change/

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to skanky For This Useful Post:
Has anybody managed to get Google Play videos to work on the Jolla C after installing Play services and store etc?. Most apps work, but Google play video and pretty much all other apps which use the "default" google video player don't seem to work.

The Following User Says Thank You to wormdrummer For This Useful Post:
Is there any app in development like DriveDroid for SFOS?
That can be seen as virtual cdrom with ISO mounting for you computer boot?

Or maybe it's possible to do it from terminal?

The Following User Says Thank You to lantern For This Useful Post:

Tags
jolla c, sailfish os