That was full of music, some of which I downloaded while in Basic. The card just up and died- the tablet couldn't find it, my computer can't find it. Any ideas? That's music I need back- most of it hadn't been copied to my computer yet.

Posts: 487 | Thanked: 152 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ London, UK
Ouch!
Same thing happened to my 8Gb a while a go, this worked for me, so it might or might not work for you. Vista was having problems opening the SD. So I decided to try to open the card in another OS (in this case I had an Ubuntu 8.04 Live CD lying around that I had never used). So I booted up Ubuntu, inserted the Sd in the PC and for some reason, Ubuntu was able to read the content of the SD when Vista couldn't. Don't know why, but if you're desperate, if could be worth giving it a shot.

Anyways, good luck and keep us posted!

Applications I've made:
- Vuvuzela
- LTM: London Tube Map

The N800 won't read it either, though. That's what's bothersome. It wouldn't be a problem if my computer didn't read it, but neither of them can, which leads me to believe that the thing is... dead.

Posts: 3,397 | Thanked: 1,212 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Netherlands
Let this be a lesson to always make a backup of important data.

Is the card visible to formatting utilities? If not, it's probably dead. If so, some/many files may be recoverable.

Posts: 4,030 | Thanked: 1,633 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ nd usa
Cant help you on data recovery, but if you want to salvage the card, try this, http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...ad.php?t=22940

bun

Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
Originally Posted by El Amir View Post
Ouch!
Same thing happened to my 8Gb a while a go, this worked for me, so it might or might not work for you. Vista was having problems opening the SD. So I decided to try to open the card in another OS (in this case I had an Ubuntu 8.04 Live CD lying around that I had never used). So I booted up Ubuntu, inserted the Sd in the PC and for some reason, Ubuntu was able to read the content of the SD when Vista couldn't. Don't know why, but if you're desperate, if could be worth giving it a shot.

Anyways, good luck and keep us posted!
linux seems to have the ability to read FAT(32) even when the main table have been blown to bits.

i ones managed to write grub into the first sector of a FAT partition (ouch!), making windows unable to read it, yet linux had no issue what so ever...

You can try this for data recovery, I've had great results with it
http://www.cgsecurity.org/wiki/PhotoRec

Well, you N800 must have been very hungry! I keep my N800 on a strict diet of 512MB SD cards. Don't want it to get too fat.

The Following User Says Thank You to dugomugo For This Useful Post:
The Panasonic utility mentioned won't locate my SD card, and the PhotoREC utility isn't loading.

D':