Nexus One vs Nokia n900, what would you recommend? I am thinking of buying Nokia n900 which is a computer. That is what I need. Is Nexus One any match for Nokia n900?

any match for Nokia n900?
honestly ? , it exceeds in so many levels compared to N900 hardware and current M5

http://www.engadget.com/2009/12/23/e...ly-retail-sal/

Posts: 1,255 | Thanked: 393 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ US
If you lean towards phone function and abundant apps right now, as well as do not want a keyboard + Nexus may be best bet (do not know for sure, since not real reviews yet that I have seen).

If you favor more web and media function and about 27gb more storage right from the start- N900 is best bet.

Way too early to make opinion on the N900 for apps, since there are not that many yet.

My hope is quality (N900) over quantity (Nexus) in regards to apps. Nexus would kick N900's butt if basing on the next few months or probably further than that.

Posts: 280 | Thanked: 72 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Switzerland
Neither tbh.

But probably the nexus - N900 is bloody tiny! I got it in my hands a few days ago and I was so disappointed! Wow, that's 1 small screen :/ & it shakes if you move it from side to side. I'd fear to break it.

Posts: 2,361 | Thanked: 3,746 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Berlin - Love this city!!
Originally Posted by God View Post
& it shakes if you move it from side to side. I'd fear to break it.
whut??

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to zehjotkah For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Satz View Post
honestly ? , it exceeds in so many levels compared to N900 hardware and current M5

http://www.engadget.com/2009/12/23/e...ly-retail-sal/
Actually, even the Motorola Droid is superior to the Nexus from a hardware standpoint.

Nokia N900 vs Google Nexus One comparison

Flash: 32GB vs 512MB
Virtual memory: 768MB vs 512MB
Flash: Dual-LED vs Single-LED
HSDPA: 10.2Mpbs vs 7.2Mpbs
SoC: OMAP3 vs Snapdragon 8250

Correct me if I'm "wrong", but what's so special about the Nexus? Even Moto Droid, Sammy Omnia HD and HTC HD2 are all better hardware wise.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to c0rt3x For This Useful Post:
Posts: 14 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by meme View Post
Nexus One vs Nokia n900, what would you recommend? I am thinking of buying Nokia n900 which is a computer. That is what I need. Is Nexus One any match for Nokia n900?
Uhm if you don't care about privacy go for the Nexus!!!

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ratel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 321 | Thanked: 366 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Hellas
I don't know, although Android seem to be doing a good job, it gets updated etc, I got bored of it pretty fast. Nexus specs seem nice.

Boot Videos: [ Maemo 1 & 2 ] | Matrix ]

Like my work? Consider making a Donation

Posts: 607 | Thanked: 450 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Washington, DC
If you are looking for a pocketable computer, at this point in the evolution of technology, I'd say wait till CES to see what shows up. If you need it right now, I would recommend the Viliv S5 or UMID M1.

The problem with using the N900 or the Nexus One as a computer is that they tend to be too small and too slow for extended use.

As a smartphone, between the N900 and the Nexus One, I'd recommend the Droid. I wouldn't consider the N900 until Nokia releases the "christmas" update and I'd want to see if it fixed some of the problems noted in these forums. I wouldn't consider the Nexus at all until they start shipping and users started posting reviews. At the moment, it looks like Android developers may get invitations to purchase/preview the Nexus in January. Given what happened when the N900 was given to developers, I'd adopt a wait and see attitude.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DaveP1 For This Useful Post: