Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Originally Posted by Android_808 View Post
i forgot to say the other day, i experienced a small glitch with qml-brower. not sure where fault lies (widget or webkit) without sure way to reproduce, but i suspect webkit library.

i was on slashdot and scrolled down causing green menu bar to be redrawn slightly lower everytime without removing the old version of it until eventually I had green bars all the way down.
The WebView component is just a QWebView widget with some additional properties, so any rendering issues will either be down to QWebView (maybe something to do with re-painting the widget when scrolling in some cases), or the webkit engine.

I have been thinking about using a plain widget with QWebPage, rather than QWebView, and optionally use a Flickable/QScrollArea in the application code to handle the scrolling.

My website

GitHub

The Following User Says Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
i haven't been able to reproduce it so i wouldn't worry to much. one small issue that should be easy to fix is url defaults first character entered to capital letter.

do you have any plans for hiding toolbar when page load completes in full screen mode and the transparent button to switch back? i'd played with the idea of overlays or rendering toolbar in same qglwidget as my web content but after qt4 support got dropped i didn't look any further.

one small issue that should be easy to fix is url defaults first character entered to capital letter.
I can't reproduce that. The TextField component is just a standard QLineEdit, so the behaviour is the same as normal.

do you have any plans for hiding toolbar when page load completes in full screen mode and the transparent button to switch back?
That's how it behaves now for me. Are we using the same browser? There is also a small example browser with less features in qt-components-hildon.

My website

GitHub

Posts: 130 | Thanked: 132 times | Joined on Jan 2013 @ India
Awesome work, but Vkb's enter key does not works like it should.

The Following User Says Thank You to Sohil876 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Sohil876 View Post
Awesome work, but Vkb's enter key does not works like it should.
That's a problem with key event handling in Qt. I think it is possible to fix it, though. The issue was raised some time ago with cuteTube, and a solution was proposed (I think it involved installing an event filter), but I never got round to implementing it. I'll have a look at it for the next update of the components. It should be fixed there, rather than at the application level.

My website

GitHub

The Following User Says Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
qml-browser 0.2 from extras-devel.

entering google.com in url bar for me always produces Google.com. pressing enter then changes to http:www.google.com. if i highlight all and start typing i get small letter first, if box is empty i always get a capital.

stand corrected on other point, must of missed that in update.

qml-browser 0.2 from extras-devel.

entering google.com in url bar for me always produces Google.com. pressing enter then changes to http:www.google.com. if i highlight all and start typing i get small letter first, if box is empty i always get a capital.

stand corrected on other point, must of missed that in update.
It will do that if you have auto-capitalize enabled in the text input settings, because the URL bar uses the default Qt input method hints. I have changed them now:

Code:
inputMethodHints: Qt.ImhNoAutoUppercase | Qt.ImhNoPredictiveText

My website

GitHub

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Update.

qt-components-hildon (0.6.0)

* Added ZoomArea component to the org.hildon.components module.
* Added WebPage component to the org.hildon.webkit module.
* Added 'clipboard' global context property to the org.hildon.utils module.
* Improved scroll handling in Flickable, ListView, TableView and WebView components.
* Bug fixes.

QML Browser has also been updated, and now has its own thread at http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=93508.

My website

GitHub

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
@marxian 2 things.

1. I install the newest version 0.14.0 and have a bug with hildon-input-me "leak memory" when using Yappari.

Is not a Yappari problem cause i use it daily and start this bug after install Qt Components (installed as older versions via dpkg on xterm).

Downgrade to 0.12.1 but problem still exists, i'm testing more but when happens can't use virtual keyboard at all on any app.

It happens with fisical keyboard, testing now with virtual and will update if still there (don't like to use virtual too much).

I asume is problem with this cause that and cuteradio was the last things i install, uninstall cuteradio too.

Any advice on how to resolve without reboot?

2. With 0.14.0 QML Browser doesn't open.

Greetings.

Originally Posted by s4br0s0 View Post
@marxian 2 things.

1. I install the newest version 0.14.0 and have a bug with hildon-input-me "leak memory" when using Yappari.

Is not a Yappari problem cause i use it daily and start this bug after install Qt Components (installed as older versions via dpkg on xterm).

Downgrade to 0.12.1 but problem still exists, i'm testing more but when happens can't use virtual keyboard at all on any app.

It happens with fisical keyboard, testing now with virtual and will update if still there (don't like to use virtual too much).

I asume is problem with this cause that and cuteradio was the last things i install, uninstall cuteradio too.

Any advice on how to resolve without reboot?

2. With 0.14.0 QML Browser doesn't open.

Greetings.
1. It seems very unlikely that Qt Components Hildon could cause this problem, since it is merely a library that is loaded when an application imports org.hildon.* in QML (otherwise it doesn't do anything), and the library does not contain any code relating to input methods. If the problem did not exist when you previously used 0.12.1, yet still exists when you revert back to that version, then I would say the cause lies elsewhere.

2. QML Browser doesn't work with version 0.14.0 due to changes in the APIs. I plan to update it soon, but at the moment that would involve using the QtWebKit module for the WebView, which means removing a lot of features.

My website

GitHub

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:

Tags
hildon, qml components