Posts: 61 | Thanked: 41 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Helsinki
Hey peoples.

Having reacquainted myself with the little black box, re-flashed/updated/put in a new battery/installed CSSU testing and been rather impressed I just don't really have a use for it any more and perhaps it is time for it to have to a new owner.

It has been kept in a sleeve case and handled with care.However, despite the best intentions it did scrape against something in my pocket one time and there is a small 5mm scratch on the front between the screen and the surround (this is visible in the photo that shows the light reflecting in the screen). There are some light marks on the screen which i think came from the stylus but they are not really noticeable.There is a screen protector on it now and it has been there for a while and you can see from the pictures that it is in good condition.The edges of the front surround, the chassis and the back plate are all free from damage. Which shows that this phone has never been dropped. There are some small marks on the back cover where it has sat on various surfaces over the years.The keyboard is in good shape but on the delete key has some of the black has come off (see picture).

It is currently running version 21.2011.38-1Tmaemo7.2 of Maemo 5 operating system.
With Power Kernel 51 and Power Kernel settings.

It is also running Flopswap and has an 8GB class 10 SD card which is being utilised for this purpose with two 2.5GB partitions for the swap files.

I do not have the box which sadly I threw out when I last moved house, however you will also receive:

The mains charger (EU plug)
USB to mini USB Cable
2mm / 1.5mm to mini USB charging converter (allows you to use old and new style nokia chargers to charge this phone)
Spare battery (used 1400mAh) It has a new Polar 1500mAh battery installed that has maybe 12 charge cycles.
Golla sleeve style case (to keep it safe)

I DO NOT have the video out cable or the original headphones. I have searched high and low but they are nowhere to be found.

I will wrap all this up a healthy amount of bubble wrap and send it anywhere in Europe! EDIT - World wide why not! I have to check the postage to your country though for an accurate price.

This is being listen on ebay at 6pm BST but i thought I would give you guys a heads up in case someone wants to make me an offer.

PM me with questions etc

Last edited by Mr_Ryde; 2013-04-24 at 14:00.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mr_Ryde For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,994 | Thanked: 3,342 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ N900: Battery low. N950: torx 4 re-used once and fine; SIM port torn apart
Bumping... Best wishes. My own USB to mini USB Cable is falling apart... But fortunately, I have a spare.
Good luck.

The Following User Says Thank You to Wikiwide For This Useful Post:
Thanks. I think it worth keeping this on top just in case some people are logging in for the first time. I would say that not many N900s come up for sale. There are some on ebay but no one wants to post outside of their home country which I find strange!

The Following User Says Thank You to Mr_Ryde For This Useful Post:
Now on ebay:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2711948292...84.m1555.l2649

I will consider postage outsde of Europe if it someone from this forum.

Last edited by Mr_Ryde; 2013-04-24 at 18:38. Reason: spelling

I'm on it!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to phap For This Useful Post:
Good stuff. I would much prefer to sell it to someone on this forum
That way I know it is going to a good home and a real user!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mr_Ryde For This Useful Post:
Just another little bump

I never tried swap on microsd. Do you really notice a difference?
And on this phone, did you try overclocking, and if yes, is it stable at 1000 max?
As for the missing cable and the crappy original headphones, I don't care!

The Following User Says Thank You to phap For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
I had swap on microSD and I definitely noticed a difference when the card crapped out on me Luckily I managed to fix it by booting to a console in BootMenu. I thoroughly recommend installing BootMenu first if you embark on low-level stuff like that. (Admittedly, using another card partitioned the same way would do just as well but I did not have one at hand right then.)

Edit. I've placed a bid too. I do not expect to win it but I thought I'd get the ball rolling. I feel rather flattered by the fact that postage to the UK is lower than anywhere else - including your own country

Last edited by pichlo; 2013-04-25 at 20:02.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
I definitely notice the difference with the SD card swap. Apps load faster and the general feel was positive. But of course there are risks. If you did drop it and the back cover comes off it could screw the pooch OS wise! I think that maybe class(10) 20MBs+ is faster than the originally installed flash drive. Also you never know, the OG swap partition could have bad sectors as flash does have a life span.

As for OC currently it is running 500 - 900 on smartreflex. At one point I did have it able to run at 1150 on ULV but I did not really see the point of stressing the processor and I only had it as an option on some beecon widgets. That was several builds ago! I can tell you that it would not run 1150 on idea or starving! It would boot but then get its pants in a twist if you tried to do anything more then run terminal!

Postage - well actually for some reason stupid ebay still thinks I am in the UK even though my primary address is finland and the item location is listed as Espoo!! So really the local postage applies to Finland! But what the hell. I'm English so why not!

Last edited by Mr_Ryde; 2013-04-26 at 11:29. Reason: revised information

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mr_Ryde For This Useful Post:

Tags
n900 for sale, nokia n900, selling n900