Active Topics

Posts: 101 | Thanked: 73 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Lithuania
Anyone who tried this thread talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p=1156035&postcount=1 kernel with ubuntu ?

The Following User Says Thank You to Nobless For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 2,622 | Thanked: 5,447 times | Joined on Jan 2010
By the way, I forgot to mention I have to press ctrl+c a couple of times to get to unity greeter. If I don't it gets stuck in a loop where a purple screen, a tty and a black screen with cursor alternate forever.

Nemo UX blog: Grog
My website: qwazix.com
My job: oob

The Following User Says Thank You to qwazix For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by int_ua View Post
I think you'd better ask in the nitdroid thread since it's nitdroid that is not booting...
No the issue i am having is creating the boot loader file to boot all of them, i dont understand how to create the menu for pali's boot menu it fails everytime and i cant even boot into maemo, please help me out, thanks a bunch

Palis uboot is installed none of my menu entries work. I used his tarball examples, nothing boots. Typing boot will boot ubuntu or sdboot. I cant access maemo. Nitdroid is also installed on emmc. Please help with this, at least menu entry for maemo. Thank you all

Posts: 101 | Thanked: 73 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Lithuania
This is not u-boot thread, go to u-boot thread and complain or ask help, i don't think that u get the answers here

Posts: 43 | Thanked: 50 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Ipoh, Malaysia
Tried installing Ubuntu 12.10 with options exactly as in post #1.

Stuck at "Setting up wpasupplicant"

This happened while writing to disk as well as writing to file. When it gets stuck sudo commands on my normal x86 ubuntu system hang and also the wireless once disconnected cannot connect back giving error "Authorisation failed"

I believe I would have to skip installing any wireless related packages. Any advice ?

Last edited by MetalGearSolid; 2012-10-21 at 15:33. Reason: Spelling mistake

Originally Posted by MetalGearSolid View Post
Tried installing Ubuntu 12.10 with options exactly as in post #1.

Stuck at "Setting up wpasupplicant"

This happened while writing to disk as well as writing to file. When it gets stuck sudo commands on my normal x86 ubuntu system hang and also the wireless once disconnected cannot connect back giving error "Authorisation failed"

I believe I would have to skip installing any wireless related packages. Any advice ?
Hey MetalGearSolid, for starters you helped me in irc yesterday and i wanted to say thank you. I was logged in as dataghost and couldnt get wireless working in NITDroid and you were right about the maemo firmware. I copied it to the appropriate NITDroid location and wireless worked great now i just wanna figure out gprs data. As far as Ubuntu i had the same issue. What i did was just created a live ubuntu 12.10 flash drive with persistant changes and updated the latest qemu static user deb from online and retried and it worked for me on Lubuntu.

The Following User Says Thank You to plourde For This Useful Post:
Posts: 43 | Thanked: 50 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Ipoh, Malaysia
Thanks plourde !!

I will go along with Arch on N900 for the time being. Maybe I will give Ubuntu a try later on.

How to ik copy the rootfs files to sd if i didnt choose destination atg the end of the installer. Was working through parallels and didnt pick a final destination. How to i send file to sd card and yes its partitioned right. Thanks so much

Posts: 676 | Thanked: 1,067 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Kyiv, Ukraine
Originally Posted by plourde View Post
How to ik copy the rootfs files to sd if i didnt choose destination atg the end of the installer. Was working through parallels and didnt pick a final destination. How to i send file to sd card and yes its partitioned right. Thanks so much
The files must be in the rootfs/ folder, use
Code:
cp -a "$mountpoint_target"* "$selected_destination"