Active Topics

Originally Posted by simurg View Post
I read that the MeeGo would have an iPad emulator built-in.
I heard that Meego is powered by pure Coca Cola, is this true?

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
well, I dont think a good(better than maemo 5) version of Meego will be released before end of this year. Of couse, nokia have problably a head start for several month, but still dont think day will handle this in 2010, espaceially as they know will deliver to the masses.

If they deliver this in 2010 i fear same level of bugs and missing features as n900.

Just my thoughts

Posts: 146 | Thanked: 76 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Poland
Originally Posted by Northerner View Post
My N900 won't connect to iTunes. Will flashing to Meego help?
You got the wrong phone!
You need the i900 with the built in iMeeGo 0.25 system.

The Following User Says Thank You to Robb For This Useful Post:
HA ha ha ha
that last post was hilarious.

anyway I think I heard somewhere that it might get released on may for end users.

Originally Posted by Delta View Post
HA ha ha ha
that last post was hilarious.

anyway I think I heard somewhere that it might get released on may for end users.
That's probably a CNET bloggers translation of "may get released"!

Posts: 1,195 | Thanked: 2,708 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hanoi
Haha, OP haven't you ever heard about something called "backup" before you flash something? Kinda living on the edge no?

Anyway I second the OP's MeeGo experience and after testing the Flash 10.1 all night on pr0ntube.com I do not see any further benefit of using MeeGo for the time being.
Also having to launch video's be command prompt entering the URL is far from user friendly and will set off even early adopters like me!!

Another dislike: MeeGo is definitely calling home somehow!!!

One advice if you decide to make the jump: do not give your real address information and especially your family members phone numbers during MeeGo installation. I did because I wanted to contribute MeeGo development to speed up final release but regretfully we have been receiving marketing calls from unknown phone operators throughout the whole weekend offering attractive 199 USD smartphones on Windows Phone 7 and Android, and Apple Phone OS. However I do not want to keep my phone 2 years! (That is one reason why I trust Nokia will refresh the N900 really soon.)
And now I already having a hard time to convince my wife that the Mahjong application on the Maemo 5 is the best even though the score board function needs some work for multiple users and that multitaksing is really essential for (online) shopping while calling friends.

Posts: 610 | Thanked: 391 times | Joined on Feb 2006 @ DC, USA
Originally Posted by rpgAmazon View Post
I just installed MeeGo.
I lost all my contacts!
I lost all my pictures!
I can't use phone calls!
It has not Ovi Maps!
Neither MMS!
When portrait mode for MeeGo?
When GUI for the portrait mode??
When MeeGo 1.2 will be released???
When MeeGo will allow dual CP/M boot????

BTW, it's support for flash 10.1 is superb!

Still bored...
That sucks. I'm sticking with my 770.

Deuteronomy 13:6-10; 2 Kings 2:23-24; Judges 19:22-29

Tags
don't feed the troll :), not for end users, nothing to see here, numpty, people are clueless!, retarded, that was a joke^^, what a shitty thread, worst joke ever