Posts: 100 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ india
hi
my default file manager is not showing me half the files and folders i have saved on my phone...
i had connected it to the computer to transfer some files and after that a lot of the orignal folders are gone

initially it was showing a ? (question mark the one we get when it doesnt know what programme to use to open said file) but these files would show on the computer

i downloaded FILEBOX and the files are showing there but i am unable to access any of the content in those folders

any thoughts
(phone is overclocked to 850mhz but has been for 6 months with out any problems, only extras repository is enabled)

appreatiate any help
dhanurdhar

Posts: 226 | Thanked: 59 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Mierlo, Netherlands
Don't worry... Mount the partitions again... If you are an advance GNU/Linux users, you should already know how to do this... Otherwise, explaining it would be very hard. So, I'd suggest you just reboot your device. That's the easy way.

Posts: 428 | Thanked: 226 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Philippines
Originally Posted by dhanurdhar View Post
hi
my default file manager is not showing me half the files and folders i have saved on my phone...
i had connected it to the computer to transfer some files and after that a lot of the orignal folders are gone

initially it was showing a ? (question mark the one we get when it doesnt know what programme to use to open said file) but these files would show on the computer

i downloaded FILEBOX and the files are showing there but i am unable to access any of the content in those folders

any thoughts
(phone is overclocked to 850mhz but has been for 6 months with out any problems, only extras repository is enabled)

appreatiate any help
dhanurdhar
Hi Friend,

What is the file extension of the files? (e.g. is it .exe, .jar, .something)

There is a button in Filebox so you can configure some settings like the ability to view system and hidden files.

Posts: 310 | Thanked: 202 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Ireland
i had the same problem last week. was transferring music and picodrive files using a mac after getting my n900 back from having the usb problem fixed and pulled out the cable without ejecting the drives. all the folders were .exe and 2?? kb. Can't remember if I used mass storage mode or pc suite and nokia phone viewer on xp but could still save the data, format the phone memory and sd card and re-transfer the data. It worked.

wierd thing was, filebox would recognise the file and play them and media player recognised them aswell but file manager just saw .exe. I've had the with my daughtes phone too. breaks my brain.

Originally Posted by king Ralphred View Post
wierd thing was, filebox would recognise the file and play them and media player recognised them aswell but file manager just saw .exe. I've had the with my daughtes phone too. breaks my brain.
Why would a Linux file manager care what the last three characters of a file names are? The file is either marked executable or it is not.

Posts: 226 | Thanked: 59 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Mierlo, Netherlands
Linux does not care about extensions... What matters is the magic number, which the name of file doesn't affect.

Last edited by AMLJ; 2011-02-20 at 14:35.

Originally Posted by EzInKy View Post
Why would a Linux file manager care what the last three characters of a file names are? The file is either marked executable or it is not.
i don't know. bur thanks for not helping

Posts: 100 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ india
thanks for the feedback..
same thing as the king.. filebox recognises and plays everthing but the normal file manager doesnt.. reboot didnt help
the files are there but the file manager cant see them..

u think reflash or just try and re transfer folders

not linux savy