whichever genius created the new virtual keyboard layout, obviously never had to use it him-/herself: a bunch of characters is missing, and even the backspace key.

thus: are there actually _usable_ layouts available?
the 1.1.1 layouts weren't exactly the most thorougly designed, but they were far superior to the joke pr1.2 offers now.

Posts: 73 | Thanked: 279 times | Joined on May 2008 @ Prague, Czech Republic
Originally Posted by arne.anka View Post
whichever genius created the new virtual keyboard layout, obviously never had to use it him-/herself: a bunch of characters is missing, and even the backspace key.
in which keyboard layout do you have missing backspace key?

Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
I hope somebody will eventually come up with a clean package that will provide the original onscreen-keyboard as an additional input method. It had many characters, large keys, had a better "feeling" and, above all, provided clever gestures that really helped me to type faster.

I simply guess the guy who designed the recent versions of the onscreen keyboard is a sadist.

Posts: 19 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Brasil
using the original nokia theme will get u back the buttons, if u change (eg iivilsteel themes) the layout will be messed

Last edited by kaze.daniel; 2010-05-27 at 22:27. Reason: wron terms

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kaze.daniel For This Useful Post:
@rmoravcik:
the one i get for im or in microb.
apprently, the key is there -- you have to literally stab in the dark (or rather gray), since the symbol is not displayed, neither for space or shift.

@kaze.daniel:
looks, like the maemo theme (which i am using) needs updating.

You should try the an-droid theme. D-Livil built it with pr 1.2 in mind so the VKB is superb

The Following User Says Thank You to nosa101 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by kaze.daniel View Post
using the original nokia theme will get u back the buttons, if u change (eg iivilsteel themes) the layout will be messed

Finally! After 1 hour of serching this forum I now have a sollution to the missing buttons on my VKB...*sigh*

Thnx the tip!

P.S.: "wazd" the creator of Theme Marina is working on a fix for this prob.
Reply #10 in : http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=53727

Originally Posted by nosa101 View Post
You should try the an-droid theme. D-Livil built it with pr 1.2 in mind so the VKB is superb
could be worth trying.

i am still looking for a slim theme anyway, with small fonts and icons (since nokia in its infinite wisdom has chosen not to include a normal way to configure that as user -- sometimes i really wonder, why they didn't use windows, would be as unflexible and unfriendly like what the did to linux).

is there a site where all those themes are visible? i am not going to check every single one out by installing -- most i've seen so far are rather depressing anyway.

Posts: 19 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Brasil
dont install the hildon-input-method-plugins-scim ... for now, installing it will make u get no VKB at all... it will be totally messed, everything will disapear and uninstalling it seems not solving the problem...

Originally Posted by arne.anka View Post
sometimes i really wonder, why they didn't use windows, would be as unflexible and unfriendly like what the did to linux).
LOLwut!!!