Notices

One of the new features in PR1.2 is MAFW-plugin support and I would like to know what it is and what we can expect from it.
Are there already plugins ready for the media player or do they have to be built for it?
Is it possible to create a plugin for gapless playback, equalizer etc.?
Is anyone working on something like that already?
Thanks

Posts: 73 | Thanked: 279 times | Joined on May 2008 @ Prague, Czech Republic
From what I understand, Media player UI allow you to use additional MAFW source plugins (eg.: youtube browser plugin if someone write it )

So it is only for additional sources like YouTube, Samba etc.?

there is an mafw eq, but i can't get it to install

Can someone help, after updating the firmware I cannot reinstall mafw equalizer. gives incompatible application package message.?

Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
Someone created some plugins for the Media Player through this method:

I had to " apt-get install libgrilo-0.1 grilo-0.1-plugins mafw-grilo-source " with -devel enabled to get them installed.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to qwerty12 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,142 | Thanked: 2,054 times | Joined on Dec 2006 @ Sicily
Very nice. Who's the coder? Something could be improved, like remembering the position in filesystem or searching youtube

Posts: 883 | Thanked: 980 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Bern, Switzerland
It's from the guys who already did MAFW.
Probably the result from this blog post :-)

"the idea of truly having a computer in your pocket just moved a big step closer."

Originally Posted by debernardis View Post
Very nice. Who's the coder? Something could be improved, like remembering the position in filesystem or searching youtube
Coder is me . Remembering the position could be done as Grilo has support for it, so I have to figure out how to do it.

About searching on Youtube. Unfortunately, it cannot be done as you would like. I wrote the MAFW plugin, but I don't have access to the interface, so I cannot add any search button. Other funny thing is that MAFW has only support for browsing and metadata, not for search, but this could be sorted out by implementing the search as a browse, but it is not natural. So the real problem here is the interface, which is closed.

BTW, I was trying to submit a new version yesterday to try to get it on app manager, but the builder was broken. I hope it works today.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to calvaris For This Useful Post:
So how would the YouTube plugin work?