Active Topics

http://my-maemo.com/index.php?p=6706&c=20

This sounds too good to be true but I hope it really is. This is the only way to beat the competition out there i feel.

Posts: 1,091 | Thanked: 323 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ ~
If those specs is correct, that's the tablet I wanted instead of the N900

Oh well, I guess you can't have everything. Unless you're rich of course.

The Following User Says Thank You to ToJa92 For This Useful Post:
Yep sound too good to be true.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to etuoyo For This Useful Post:
still the same proc but with 1ghz, is that going to be slower then whats on the droid x right?
I want a 786mb physical ram instead of going for more bigger screens, makes the device more useable.

The resolution at least sounds bogus. Assuming square pixels (ie 16:9 aspect ratio) that would be just over 367ppi. I suppose that's one way to trump Apple, but does such a display even exist? Plus, that many pixels at 24bpp would be a bit slow.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love that kind of display in my pocket, but don't get your hopes up.

864x480x24 sounds more plausible (and also matches the size of the Aava device - I think it's unlikely MeeGo Handset will have a resolution-independent UI in the first release).

The Following User Says Thank You to lma For This Useful Post:
Wont the resolution be "low" compared to the N900 at the same resolution? I have not held any 4" displays with that resolution so I do not know. If it is similar to the N900 it will be more then enough

Posts: 600 | Thanked: 742 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ England
Originally Posted by etuoyo View Post
Yep sound too good to be true.
Precisely. It's just someone's "dream specifications".

Anyway, as we found out with the N900, the official specs mean little. What good is a specified 30fps video if there is frame skipping?

In my opinion, the n9 is Nokia's last hope. If they screw it up they will loose their high-end sales for the next several years as competitors have much more compelling devices for consumers (not geeks).

I for one will never consider Nokia again for several years if the n9 is a disappointment...

Its in Nokia's interest to throw everything they can to surpass competition. In my opinion, they should not consider making a profit on n9 so it sells well.. that's how badly Nokia needs a huge hit right now.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bugelrex For This Useful Post:
Posts: 724 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Cambridge, UK
I assess my purchases per. device. Don't really care who makes it, just happens my last 4 or so devices have all been Nokia, only disappointed with the N96, though I wasn't to annoyed at it, it mostly worked fine.

The Following User Says Thank You to tswindell For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by bugelrex View Post
In my opinion, the n9 is Nokia's last hope. If they screw it up they will loose their high-end sales for the next several years as competitors have much more compelling devices for consumers (not geeks).

I for one will never consider Nokia again for several years if the n9 is a disappointment...

Its in Nokia's interest to throw everything they can to surpass competition. In my opinion, they should not consider making a profit on n9 so it sells well.. that's how badly Nokia needs a huge hit right now.
Honestly this is the last chance sentence have been thrown around for 3 years already.
It's never too late especially when Nokia as a company is in very healty condition. Truth is that if Nokia releases killer phone next year, people will buy it. Just like Samsung released one phone that suddenly seemed to change peoples mind about Samsung support and made Samsung to mean something in smartphones arena.
That's internet for you.

About the spec. Parts that do sound a bit weird are the GPU and screen other than that all the other features have been said previously by some sources that i at least trust. Even the 12mpx that i can't imgine to be the same as in N8. Well hopefully we know all about N9 in 2 weeks time.

The Following User Says Thank You to tissot For This Useful Post: